|at SSG Education Development and Investment Company limited (view profile)|
Primary English Teaching
|Are you willing to accept and support qualified teachers currently outside of Vietnam?||Yes|
|How many positions do you need to fill?||1|
|Nationality of candidate:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand, South African, European, Other|
|Experience||> 2 years|
|Candidate Requirements||Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, PGCE, GCSEs, Master Degree in TESOL (or equivalent)|
|Where is the employer located:||TP HCM|
The Head of Teachers oversee the operation of the School’s curriculum and its deliverables through the performances of the Curriculum Coordinators as well as Teachers. They are responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the groups of Teachers at the designated International Department. They set and enforce policies, manage Staff, and ensure that Students receive a quality education in a safe and healthy environment. Their typical job duties include both academic and operational work in accordance with the directions of the Department’s General Manager/HOD which are done by ensuring the quality and efficiency of the Curriculum Coordinators and Teachers on every aspect and ensuring the School’s curriculum meets standards. In addition to the above stated responsibilities, a Head of Teachers set the standard of conduct and involvement that Curriculum Coordinators are expected to aim for. A Head of Teachers directs Curriculum Coordinators, Teachers, and departments on curriculum requirements; researches, evaluates, and synthesizes program proposals who acts as primary resource for faculty on curriculum development and approval and ensures educational standards, rules, regulations, and teaching models are followed.
- Strategic direction and management of the curriculum:
- To have an enthusiasm for the curriculum which motivates and supports other Teachers and encourage a shared understanding of the contribution the curriculum can make to all aspects of Students’ lives.
- Develop and implement policies and practices for the curriculum which reflect the School’s commitment to high achievement through effective teaching and learning.
- Ensure that Teachers are clear about the importance and role of the curriculum in contributing to Students’ spiritual moral, cultural, mental, and physical development, and in preparing Students for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
- Use data effectively to identify Students who are underachieving in the curriculum and, where neccesary, create and implement effective plans of action to support those Students.
- Analyse and interprete, relevant national, local, and school data, plus research and inspection evidence, to inform policies, practices, expectations, targets, and teaching methods.
- To involve all departmental colleagues in the creation and execution of the yearly curriculum planning and evaluation including identify clear targets for its development and/or maintenance in line with the School development planning, which:
- are based on a range of comparative information and evidence, including in relation to the attainment of Students;
- identify realistic and challenging targets for improvement in the curriculum;
- are understood by all those involved in putting the plans into practice;
- are clear about action to be taken, timescales and criteria for success;
- Monitor the progress made in achieving curriculum plans and targets, evaluate the effects on teaching and learning, and use this analysis to guide further improvement.
- Teaching and Learning:
- To monitor and evaluate the Teachers’ specification and schemes of work.
- To engage all Teachers in the creation, consistent implementation and improvement of the schemes of work.
- To ensure curriculum coverage, continuity and progression in the curriculum for all Students, including those of high ability and those with special educational needs.
- To ensure that examinations or other suitable methods of assessment are devised and applied at appropriate times. To ensure that all tests, examinations, and assessments are based on the department’s specification and marked according to a scheme common to the whole year group (except where some sets are following accerelated courses).
- To initiate and, where appropriate, organize curricular, extra-curricular and educational enhancement activities related to the curriculum.
- Ensure effective development of Students’ defined competencies through the curriculum.
- Establish and implement clear policies and practices for assessing, recording and reporting on Students achievement, and for using this information to recognise achievement and to assist Students in setting targets for further improvement.
- Ensure that information about Students’ achievements in previous classes and schools is used effectively to secure good progress in the curriculum.
- Set expectations and targets for Teachers and Students in relation to standards of Students achievement and the quality of teaching; establish clear targets for Students achievement, and evaluate progress and achievement in the curriculum by all Students, including those with special educational needs.
- Evaluate the teaching of the curriculum in the school, use this analysis to identify effective practice and areas for improvement, and take action to improve further the quality of teaching;
- To use a variety of methods to monitor and evaluate the teaching and learning offered by the Teachers and take appropriate action to improve further the quality of teaching and learning.
- To provide quality assurance monitoring and intervention with all Teachers.
- To monitor progress and evaluate the effects of any improvement strategies on teaching and learning by working alongside subject staff, analyzing work and outcomes.
- To ensure that Teachers are aware of the implications of equality of opportunity which the curriculum raises.
- Leading and managing:
- Help Teachers to achieve constructive working relationships with
- Establish clear expectations and constructive working relationships among Teachers involved with the curriculum, including through team working and mutual support; developing responsibilities and delegating tasks as appropriate; evaluating practice; and developing an acceptance of accountability.
- Perform Teachers management as required by the school policy and use the process to develop the personal and professional effectiveness of the
- To act as a performance management team leader for identified Teachers.
- To ensure the performance management arrangements are effectively discharged by the other team leaders in the department.
- Lead professional development of Teachers through example and support, and coordinate the provision of high quality professional development by methods such as coaching, drawing on other sources of expertise as necessary, for example, higher education, curriculum associations.
- Work with the Learning Support Center and any other departments with special educational needs expertise, to ensure that individual education plans are used to set subject specific targets and match work well to Students’ needs.
- Ensure that the Department’s upper management team, School’s leadership team are well informed about curriculum policies, plans and priorities, the success in meeting objectives and targets, and subject-related professional development plans.
- To monitor and evaluate the contribution and impact of other Teachers to school improvement.
- Take initial responsibility for the care and welfare of all departmental Teachers.
- Efficient and effective operations:
- Establish Teachers and resources needs for the curriculum and advise the Curriculum Coordinators and senior managers of likely priorities for expenditure, and allocate available subject resources with maximum efficiency to meet the objectives of the school and curriculum plans and to achieve value for money.
- Help in the selection of Teachers for the department; deploy, or advise the Curriculum Coordinators on the deployment of Teachers involved in the curriculum to ensure the best use of subject, technical and other expertise.
- Ensure the effective and efficient management and organization of learning resources, in conjunction with IT & Technology Manager foster and oversee the application of ICT in the curriculum, including development of materials for the teaching & learning methods.
- Maintain existing resources and explore opportunities to develop or incorporate new resources from a wide range of sources inside and outside the school.
- Use accommodation to create an effective, well ordered, attractive and stimulating environment for the teaching and learning of the curriculum.
- Ensure that there is a safe working and learning environment in which risks are properly assessed (health and safety).
- In collaborations with the Department’s senior managers, School’s and other Departments’ management teams to ensure the effective and efficient management and organization of the Department’s and inter-departments operational activities to meet the common objectives and deliver results at the required standard of quality that are in line with the respective operational plans and development strategies.
- Qualifications, Experiences:
- Required: BA, BSc, Bed. A Master in Education or a MBA is preferable.
- Desirable: Teaching Certification, PGCE, or QTS, ME.
- Required: A minimum of 5 years of teaching experience (full-time) at an international or bilingual school and has experienced management roles in education.
- Expected Capabilities:
- The ability to adapt to changing work priorities and maintain flexible working hours.
- The ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure.
- The ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with openess and flexibility.
- The ability to work with a diverse group of individuals with an understanding of different personal and cultural backgrounds.
- The ability to facilitate group discussion, analyze situations, and draw conclusions.
- A thorough understanding of teaching and learning materials related to all designated subjects and grades.
- Logical, critical thinking and attention to details and result oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills and problem-solving skills.
- Business management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Leadership skills (task design and delegation, coaching, supervising, leading by examples, giving feedback, making decision, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Individual Output:
- Excellent knowledge of the curriculum and all standards applied to it. Also master the up-to-date the methodology and techniques of the education.
- Understand and drive the school’s strategy and mission.
- Drive the ethos of cost saving and profit growth all the way through the department, and the projects involved. Explore and recommend new cost effective/innovative methods to deliver tasks and projects.
- Strong presentation and outstanding personal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent planning, multi-task, and time management skills.
- Proven experience as a strategic planner and demonstrable strategic thinking abilities.
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude.
- Punctual and capable of consistently meeting deadlines and strong commitment to general department functions.
- Skilled relationship builders and mediators, liaising between the people and management.
- Able to work productively as part of a team.
- Demonstrate willingness to and enthusiasm for professional growth.