Vietnam has now allowed entry to the country again. According to a dispatch on March 15, 2022, the government issued a decision to restore the entry policy to Vietnam for foreigners. Therefore, from March 15, restrictions on entry policies during the epidemic period will be removed. Below is the simple guide to Vietnam entry procedures made by VTJ team.
Vietnam entry procedures for foreigners from March 15, 2022
Foreigners are able to enter much more freely and comfortably. However, the following conditions must still be met:
- Having an entry official approved by the Immigration Department (except for cases exempted from applying for an entry official).
- Passport is still valid.
- Make a temporary residence declaration before entry.
Cases that do not require applying for an entry letter
- Entry by visa exemption
- Have a valid permanent residence card.
- A valid temporary residence card.
- Have a valid multiple-entry visa.
- A valid 5-year visa exemption certificate.
Vietnam entry procedures for foreigners
For foreigners entering to get visa at the Airport, it is necessary to prepare the following documents:
- Entry approval letter. (unless exempted)
- The test result for Covid -19 by Real time-PCR technique is negative.
- Expenses in cash for visa issuance at the airport (25 USD/single entry; 50 USD/multiple entry visa)
- The NA1 form. (You can declare it in advance or you can declare it at the border gate.)
- Photo 3×4
- If the foreigner has obtained a visa at the Embassy/Consulate, when arriving at the border gate, only need to present the passport, visa and their negative-for- Covid-19 test result.
- Procedures for obtaining a visa at the Embassy/Consulate also include the above documents.
Vietnam entry procedures for foreigners entering Vietnam with visa exemption or without visa exemption:
You will only need your passport.
For foreigners entering with an electronic visa (e-visa), prepare:
- E-visa that has been issued.
- PCR test results
Foreigners need to carry out medical declaration and health declaration procedures according to instructions. In addition, you do not need to pay the visa issuance fee at the border gate anymore.
Countries that enjoy Vietnam visa exemption
From January 2022, people who come from these 25 countries DO NOT need a visa for Vietnam. Here is the list of these countries:
|NO||Country||Maximum visa-free duration||Applicable purpose of visit 9(if any)|
|1||Chile||90 days||Entries that do not include remunerated activities|
|2||Panama||90 days||Entries that do not include remunerated activities|
|3||Cambodia||30 days||Not mentioned|
|4||Indonesia||30 days||Not mentioned|
|5||Kyrgyztan||30 days||Not mentioned|
|6||Laos||30 days||Not mentioned|
|7||Malaysia||30 days||Tourism, attending press, conference/coverage, official duty, visiting relatives, business negotiation, investment, sports, or attending seminars or conferences|
|8||Singapore||30 days||Entries that do not include remunerated activities|
|9||Thailand||30 days||Not mentioned|
|10||Phillipines||21 days||Not mentioned|
|11||Brunei||14 days||Not mentioned|
|12||Myanma||14 days||Visiting only|
|13||Belarus||15 days||Not mentioned|
|14||Denmark||15 days||Not mentioned|
|15||Finland||15 days||Not mentioned|
|16||France||15 days||Not mentioned|
|17||Germany||15 days||Not mentioned|
|18||Italy||15 days||Not mentioned|
|19||Japan||15 days||Not mentioned|
|20||Norway||15 days||Not mentioned|
|21||Russia||15 days||Not mentioned|
|22||South Korea||15 days||Not mentioned|
|23||Spain||15 days||Not mentioned|
|24||Sweden||15 days||Not mentioned|
|25||United Kindom (Not applicable to BNO)||15 days||Not mentioned|
Regulations on isolation when entering Vietnam
According to the latest dispatch of the Ministry of Health dated March 15, 2022, foreigners entering Vietnam do not need to go through isolation procedures. Below is the details:
- Foreigners on entry must have a negative PCR test result within 72 hours before entry.
- Can leave the residence if the test result is negative.
- Pay attention to health monitoring within the first 10 days of entering Vietnam.
- Install the PC Covid application (on Google play or App store) for monitoring health condition.
I’m a Math/,Physics teacher, can I get a teaching jobs? I’m currently teaching in Rwanda however I’m a Ugandan.
Hi, please create an account at vietnamteachingjobs.com, apply for jobs and wait for the response from your favorite employers. If you need further assistance, please send an email to email@example.com. Best, Gracie.