WHY DO YOU TEACH ENGLISH IN VIETNAM?
English Teachers in VietNam will earn generous salaries from $1500 to $2200 per month (depend on your experiences), housing and transportation are available. Living and teaching in Vietnam are quiet easy because you will be provided full of attractive benefits while teaching at our schools/language centers.
Vietnam is a peaceful and friendly country. Foreign teachers can work and enjoy the life, travel or do volunteer at the same time.
Our program will show you another side of teaching English in Vietnam. We understand that you have not only come to Vietnam to work but also to see the country and experience the culture. You will not only work at public schools (primary/secondary school) or some of prestigious English centers as a main English teacher, but also have chance to travel and explore the beauty of local landscapes.
Many visitors have considered Vietnam as a true gem, with many world heritage sites such as Ha Long Bay, Phong Nha Ke Bang Cave, Hoi An Ancient Town, and Cham Islands. All of these destinations are recognized by UNESCO for their intense beauty
If wanted, there is an opportunity for you to join our volunteer program to teach English in the remote areas of Vietnam. This is a great way to add practical teaching experience to your resume and show your passion to future employers.
Due to a government backed scheme to improve English language proficiency across the country, Vietnam has seen a huge increase in the number of ESL teaching jobs in recent years. This means that there are a huge range of positions available for a variety of teachers from the inexperienced to those who have taught for many years
Teaching English in Vietnam is a big chance for you to be a professional and experienced teacher since English is definitely a Vietnam’s educational priority in future
IS THIS PROGRAM SUITABLE FOR ME?
If you are looking for a unique English teaching job which combines attractive benefits and free time to travel around or volunteer, this project is exactly for you!
DO I QUALIFY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROGRAM?
To take part in our unique program, you will need to be at least 18 years old and have:
- A passport from the UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand or the Philippines.
- A police check from your home country (required for the work permit).
- A bachelor’s degree in any field.
- A ESL Teaching Certificate (TESOL/TEFL/CELTA) or equivalent qualification.
- More than 6 months of teaching experience. ** If you do not have teaching experience, we will support you to obtain this through helping other teachers in classes as an English teacher assistant / volunteering (dependent on your degree specialisation)
WHAT IF I DO NOT HAVE ESL TEACHING CERTIFICATE?
TESOL stands for Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. With a TESOL certificate, you show the schools you’re applying to that you know how to teach and have learnt about areas such as lesson planning and classroom management to theory and pedagogical techniques.
To get TESOL certified, we suggest a variety of options:
1. Accredited TESOL course with International Open Academy with whom we partner to offer a great discount.
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study in IOA.
International Open Academy offers a full TESOL course for only $119 – find out further details here
HIGH- QUALITY TESOL COURSE AT INTESOL VIETNAM
2. TESOL at INTESOL
This TEFL/TESOL course combines workshops, observations and teaching practice. This additional knowledge will not only be invaluable to you when you begin teaching, it also means you’ll be able to demonstrate specific skills that are in high demand by TESOL employers. We’ll make sure you stand out from the crowd!
As a part of Group of Accredited Providers, Intersol has been training TESOL teachers for years and are well known and respected in the TEFL/TESOL industry. This means your TEFL/TESOL certification will be instantly recognized internationally as being of excellent quality.
The TEFL/TESOL with teaching practice is externally accredited by ALAP (Awarding Language Acquisition for Professionals), based in the United Kingdom, who certifies advanced and valuable training programs in over 95 countries and territories meaning the content and teaching methods have been scrutinized externally to meet industry standards.
INTESOL Vietnam provides integrated training, combining online and classroom training with advanced methods with high practical applicability.
Currently, Intesol Vietnam offers 4 courses:
HOW LONG IS A CONTRACT?
Option 1: Short-term contract at a private English center.
- Contract duration: From 4 months to 12 months (Full-time)
- Teaching location: Private English center
- Salary: From $1000 to $1600/ month depending on how many hours you worked in class ($18- $20/hour) (+bonus for extra hour)
- Class size: You will teach from 10 to 15 students in one class.
- Day-off: 1 day off/week + a number of annual leaves
Option 2: Semester contract at a public school.
- Contract duration: From 3 – 4 months/semester, 2 semesters for 1 schoolyear.
- Teaching location: Public school (Kindergarten/Primary/Secondary School)
- Salary: From $1400 – $2200/ month depending on number of class hours worked ($18- $22/hour) (+bonus for extra hour)
- Class size: You will teach from 35 – 45 students in one class. You can take from 2 – 3 classes/semester.
- Days off: 2 day-off/week (Sunday and 1 day of a week) + a number of annual leaves
You will be provided accommondation and transportation depending on recruiters. If you’re acceptable to have a rent house during teaching duration, you will live alone or share with others. A rent house will have full of equipments (bed, wifi, fridge, fan, kitchen,etc) and some of them will have cleaning servicer who will do laundry and cleaning for a small fee on site.
Depending of your employee, you will be provided accommodation and transportation depending on recruiters.
Accommodation will consist of either a shared house or single apartment. Each apartment / houses is fully equipped (bed, Wi-Fi, fridge, fan, kitchen, etc.) with some properties offering a cleaning service providing laundry and cleaning for a small fee.
In addition, if you join our volunteer program, you can live with a host family to help them with their daily jobs or teach English for free. We carefully select our host families, sometimes in cooperation with local organisations, and we will do our best to find the right home with safe, kind and motivated families.
When you live with a host family you will discover daily local rituals, foods and customs. Your host family will help you when you have problems or feel homesick and will include you in family celebrations and activities. You will become a part of their family and surely lifelong friends.
You will also find out how local families celebrate traditional holidays, how they eat and interact with each other and with their neighbours. When you live with a host family, not only will you improve your Vietnamese, you will also have the chance to understand the fabric of the local society through its culture.
Living with a host family can be challenging, and some people have better matches than others. Don’t worry if you do not understand Vietnamese during this program, we have a Vietnamese volunteer to support and help you translate into English and get along with the local lifestyle!
WHAT WILL I DO ON THIS PROGRAM?
You will teach English at a Public school/ English centre / Private classes (one-to-one) as a full-time or part-time teacher.
Help students to improve 4 skills: Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing.
Be offered cost conscious local tourist attractions
Participate in our volunteer programs to help students in remote areas
THE BASIC BENEFITS OF OUR PROGRAM?
- Entry level salary range from $1200 to $1900 depending on classroom experience.
- Accommodation and transportation allowance.
- Airport pickup, sim card and more.
- Medical insurance provided for full-time teachers.
- Visa, work permit and invitation letter are organized and paid.
- Special teaching programs supported (curriculum, teaching methods, teaching tools, textbook, etc).
- Comprehensive health insurance if you sign 1-year contract onwards.
- Holiday bonuses.
- Vietnamese teaching assistant to help you with almost all your lessons.
- Team building activities with students.
- Refund of 15% of the air ticket to Vietnam if you sign 1-year contract onwards and receive positive employer feedback.
THE AIM OF “TEACH – TRAVEL & VOLUNTEER” PROGRAM:
Besides teaching English, you will have free time to follow our plan to travel to local areas every two months with minimal costs and with the full support from your English center/school.
The opportunities to learn English are limited in provincial schools or English centres and there aren’t enough foreign teachers. Our volunteer program is also one of the best ways to help underprivileged students.
How much does it cost to join our project?
The following costs make up the program fee and are payable to Vietnamteachingjobs before you head over to Teach English in Vietnam.
For the “Teach & Travel” program:
The price is for an initial deposit. The remaining cost will be charged depends on where you want to travel and how long you wish to travel.
For only the “Teach & Volunteer” program:
The price for an initial deposit to confirm your place to volunteer and pay for cost of living in Vietnam. The remaining cost will be charged at the end of the month. (From $30 - $70)
For both the “Teach – Travel & Volunteer” project:
The price for an initial deposit is much cheaper if you choose both of our programs with a saving of $100.
- Everything explained clearly: We’ll walk you through each step and make sure you’re prepared.
- We help you create and follow a plan: We cover it all - from what you need to bring to fully furnished accommodation arrangements.
- "Teach - Travel & Volunteer" placement: We place you in carefully selected and reputable public schools or English centres in Vietnam.
- Situation 1: After receiving the first job for a month, we will give more one month for you to adapt with job. If everything is good, we will complete our contract.
- Situation 2: After receiving the first job for a month, if there is any problem from the employers, you can request us to find another job for you. (You can change work during 2 months until get suitable job)
- 24/7 support: Anytime you have any worries or concerns simply send us a message and we will do our best to support you as soon as possible