WHY DO YOU TEACH ENGLISH IN VIETNAM?
English Teachers in VietNam will earn generous salaries from $1500 to $2200 per month (depend on your experiences), housing and transportation are available. Living and teaching in Vietnam are quiet easy because you will be provided full of attractive benefits while teaching at our schools/language centers.
Vietnam is a peaceful and friendly country. Foreign teachers can work and enjoy the life, travel or do volunteer at the same time.
This program will show you another side of teaching English in Vietnam. You will not only work at public schools (primary/secondary school) or some of prestigious English centers as a main English teacher, but also have chance to travel and explore the beauty of local landscapes.
Many visitors have considered Vietnam as a true gem. This is true because there are many world heritage sites such as Ha Long Bay, Phong Nha Ke Bang Cave, Hoi An Ancient Town, and Cham Islands. All of these destinations are recognized by UNESCO for its intense beauty.
Besides, you can join our volunteer program to teach English in the remote areas of Vietnam. This is a great way to add practical teaching experience to your resume and show your passion for being a ESL teacher to the employers.
Due to a government backed scheme to improve English language proficiency across the country, Vietnam has been a big boom in ESL teaching jobs in recent years. This means Vietnamese pupils are learning English from primary school onwards and many young people, including university students, are preparing for IELTS certificate so that they can study abroad in English-speaking countries easier.
Teaching English in Vietnam is a big chance for you to be a professional and experienced teacher since English is definitely a Vietnam’s educational priority in future
IS THIS PROGRAM SUITABLE FOR ME?
If you are looking for a suitable English teaching job with many attractive benefits and freetime to travel around or opportunities to do volunteer for encouraging students to practice speaking as much as possible, this project is exactly suit you!
DO I QUALIFY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROGRAM?
To take part in this interesting program, you will need to have:
- A passport from the UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand or Philipines.
- Police check from your country (to create work permit).
- To be at least 18 years old.
- A bachelor’s degree in any field.
- A ESL Teaching Certificate (TESOL/TEFL/CELTA) or equivalent qualification.
- More than 6 months of teaching experiences. Don’t worry if you do not have many teaching experiences, we will support you to get one by helping other teachers in classes as a English teacher assistant, or do volunteer activities depending on what you study in the University.
WHAT IF I DO NOT HAVE ESL TEACHING CERTIFICATE?
TESOL is stand for Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. With a TESOL certificate, you show the schools you’re applying to that you know how to teach. From lesson planning and classroom management to theory and pedagogical techniques.
You can get your 120 hour TESOL certificate online through International Open Academy, at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home!
To get TESOL certified you need to complete the course. International Open Academy has a great accredited TESOL course. You can find more info about the course here and they’re running a great discount right now!
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study in IOA. Their courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and expand your resume.
HIGH- QUALITY TESOL COURSE AT INTESOL VIETNAM
– This TEFL/TESOL course is special with workshop, observations and teaching practice. This additional knowledge will not only be invaluable to you when you begin teaching, it also means you’ll be able to demonstrate specific skills that are in high demand by TESOL employers. We’ll make sure you stand out from the crowd!
– As a part of INTESOL Group of Accredited Providers, we have been training TESOL teachers for years and are well known and respected in the TEFL/TESOL industry. This means your TEFL/TESOL certification will be instantly recognized internationally as being of excellent quality.
– The TEFL/TESOL with teaching practice is externally accredited meaning the content and teaching methods have been scrutinized externally to meet industry standards. This means you can be sure you’ll participate in a fruitful learning experience.– INTESOL Vietnam provides integrated training, combining online and classroom training with advanced methods with high practical applicability.
– Flexible training time based on modern methods, helping students to practice visual and practical teaching techniques and methods.
INTESOL’s curriculum is accredited by ALAP (Awarding Language Acquisition for Professionals), based in the United Kingdom, certifies advanced and valuable training programs in over 95 countries and territories
– After completing the course, INTESOL Vietnam will help students find suitable job opportunities right after graduation.
– Students will receive an INTESOL certificate upon completing the course at INTESOL Vietnam and recognized worldwide.Apply now to get the right certificate for you!
Depending on the course will have different time. Currently, Intesol Vietnam has 4 courses:
WHAT IS DURATION OF THE CONTRACT?
Option 1: Short-term contract at a private English center.
- Contract duration: From 4 months to 12 months (Full-time)
- Teaching location: Private English center
- Salary: From $1000 to $1600/ month depending on how many hours you worked in class ($18- $20/hour) (+bonus for extra hour)
- Class size: You will teach from 10 to 15 students in one class.
- Day-off: 1 day off/week + a number of annual leaves
Option 2: Semester contract at a public school.
- Contract duration: From 3 – 4 months/semester, 2 semesters for 1 schoolyear.
- Teaching location: Public school (Kindergarten/Primary/Secondary School)
- Salary: From $1400 – $2200/ month depending on how many hours you worked in class ($18- $22/hour) (+bonus for extra hour)
- Class size: You will teach from 35 – 45 students in one class. You can take from 2 – 3 classes/semester.
- Day-off: 2 day-off/week (Sunday and 1 day of a week) + a number of annual leaves
You will be provided accommondation and transportation depending on recruiters. If you’re acceptable to have a rent house during teaching duration, you will live alone or share with others. A rent house will have full of equipments (bed, wifi, fridge, fan, kitchen,etc) and some of them will have cleaning servicer who will do laundry and cleaning for a small fee on site.
In addition, if you join our volunteer program, you can live in a host family to help them do their jobs or teach English for free. We carefully select our host families, sometimes in cooperation with local organisations, and we will do our best to find the right home’s – safe, kind and motivated families.
When you live with a host family you will discover daily local rituals, foods and customs. Your host family will help you when you have problems or feel homesick and will include you in family celebrations and activities. You will become a part of their family and surely lifelong friends.
You will also find out how local families celebrate traditional holidays, how they eat and interact with each other and with their neighbours. When you live with a host family, not only will you improve Vietnamese, you will have the chance understand the fabric of the local society through its culture.
Living with a host family can be challenging, and some people have better matches than others. Don’t worry if you do not understand Vietnamese during this program, we have a Vietnamese volunteer to support and help you translate into English and get along with the local lifestyle!
WHAT WILL I DO ON THIS PROGRAM?
You will teach English at a Public schools/English centre/Private classes (one-to-one) as a full-time or part-time teacher.
Helping students to improve 4 skills: Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing.
Following our plan to travel and explore local tourist attractions with low-price but high-quality.
Participating in our volunteer programs to help students in remote areas who are unable to learn English can have a chance to approach this beautiful language.
THE BASIC BENEFITS OF OUR PROGRAM?
- Entry level salary range from $1200 to $1900 depending on classroom experience.
- Acommondation and transportation allowance.
- Airport pickup, sim card and more.
- Medical insurance provided for full-time teachers.
- Visa, work permit and invitation letter are organized and paid.
- Special teaching programs supported (curriculum, teaching methods, teaching tools, textbook, etc).
- Comprehensive health insurance if you sign 1-year contract onwards.
- Holiday bonuses.
- Vietnamese teaching assistant to help you with almost all your lessons.
- Team building activities with students.
- Refunding 15% air ticket to Vietnam if you sign 1-year contract onwards and be sure to get positive feedbacks from recruiters.
THE AIM OF “TEACH – TRAVEL & VOLUNTEER” PROGRAM:
Besides teaching English, you will have freetime to follow our plan to travel in local areas every two months with super attractive price and full of support from your English center/school.
Moreover, the opportunities to learn English are limited in provincial schools or English centres and there aren’t enough foreign teachers. Our volunteer program is also one of the best way to help underprivileged students in these school have a chance to learn English conversation in order to be integrated into future modernized life.
How much does it cost to join our project?
The following costs make up the program fee and are payable to Vietnamteachingjobs before you head over to Teach English in Vietnam.
For “Teach & Travel” program:
The price is for an initial deposit. The remaining cost will be charged depends on where you want to travel and how long you go for it.
For only “Teach & Volunteer” program:
The prie for an initial deposit to confirm your place to do volunteer and pay for cost of living here. The remaining cost will be charged at the end of the month. (From $30 - $70)
For both “Teach – Travel & Volunteer” project:
The price for an intial deposit is much cheaper if you choose both of our program. You will save up to $100 if you choose this package.
Here’s how we help
- Everything explained clearly: We’ll walk you through each step and make sure you’re prepared.
- We help you create and follow a plan: From what you need to bring to fully furnished accommodation arrangements.
- "Teach - Travel & Volunteer" placement: We place you in carefully selected and reputable public schools or English centres in Vietnam.
- Situation 1: After receiving the first job for a month, we will give more one month for you to adapt with job. If everything is good, we will complete our contract.
- Situation 2: After receiving the first job for a month, if there is any problem from the employers, you can request us to find another job for you. (You can change work during 2 months until get suitable job)
- 24/7 support. : Anytime you get problem in teaching in VietNam, just send us the message, we are willing to support you as soon as possible. If you want to change the job or school, we will find another for you. (You can change work during 2months until get suitable job)