TABLE OF CONTENTS
Teaching English in Vietnam is suitable for foreigners who want to have a decent salary with less pressure. Even though the living fee in Vietnam is among the cheapest, Vietnam is proud to be one of the most convenient countries in the area. Teachers can find English teaching jobs anywhere from Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh city to Da Nang as long as they prove their abilities.
However, culture shock is a common situation when foreigners first encounter new cultures and traditions. Therefore, teachers should keep in mind some of these questions:
- What should I do when I first come to Vietnam?
- Which city will pay a more decent salary for English teachers? Hanoi – Danang – Ho Chi Minh city
- What is the fastest way to find English teaching jobs in Hanoi?
- Do I need any certificates or documents to teach English in Vietnam legally?
Please refer to the article below from Vietnam Teaching Jobs to find the answers to your questions:
1. What should I do when I first come to Vietnam?
To have a good start in Vietnam, you should learn about the cultures and the traditions of the natives. One of the most effective and enjoyable ways is traveling. Do not worry about the cost because the price of traveling in Vietnam is affordable for anyone. Starting from big cities such as Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang, Hai Phong, etc. will give you a first impression of Vietnam. Prioritizing experiences over prices will allow you to interact with the most authentic cultures and traditions.
Vietnamese are known for their friendliness and hospitality. They are willing to share with you the cultures, show you good restaurants, advise you on where to rent motorbikes, etc. Not all Vietnamese know English, but they will try their best to help you understand, even using body movements.
Furthermore, learning basic conversational Vietnamese will make communication easier for you. When you bargain for an item, understanding Vietnamese will win you a higher chance of acceptance from the seller. This will not profit much but it will help you save money.
2. Which city will pay a more decent salary for English teachers?
In reality, there are no statistical measurements of salary based on geography. This means that teaching in a big city does not earn you a better salary than teaching in a small city or suburbia. Your ability is what determines your salary.
There are many reasons why teachers should choose Hanoi to teach English:
- The capital of Vietnam – where you can find all the specialties of Vietnam. Teachers can find what they need for their daily life as well as their work.
- The cuisine is diverse and cheap.
- There are many job opportunities, so unemployment is not a big problem as long as you have the ability.
- Teachers can visit many historical sites if they want to learn about Vietnamese history and cultures.
- The people are friendly.
Coming to Hanoi, teachers can expect a suitable and decent salary. If you are passionate about your job, you will find a good position in Hanoi. Therefore, keep looking for job offers, and the opportunity to get English teaching jobs in Hanoi will come to you.
3. What are the fastest ways to get English teaching jobs in Hanoi?
Firstly, you can join community groups for English teachers in Hanoi on Facebook. One of the most used keywords is “Hanoi teaching jobs”. New information about job offers will be published daily in these groups.
Secondly, you can look for job offers on recruitment websites. For example, Vietnam Teaching Jobs – one of the most reliable English teachers recruitment websites in Vietnam. This is is a well-established platform for teachers to find their stable English teaching jobs in many prestigious schools or English centers here.
Your jobs are to search for a suitable offer and apply your CV. If you are selected, the employers will schedule an interview with you. Your performances at the interview will be the key factor that determines whether you are employed or not. Therefore, you should prepare carefully for the interview and believe in yourself so that the interview can go well.
4. Do I need any certificate or documents to teach in Vietnam legally?
Wherever you start a job, you always need a certificate or standardized tests to prove your abilities. To teach English in Hanoi or in many cities of Vietnam, here are the documents that you need to prepare:
– Graduated from University or have a pedagogical certificate in local countries.
– Having a standard voice and abilities to communicate.
– Having an international English teaching certificate: TESOL, CELTA, TEFL.
– Having experience teaching English in the local country or in other countries around the world.
– Ability to adapt quickly to a new working environment.
If you do not have ESL Teaching Certificate, click here to view our high-quality TESOL Course and apply below.
*Criteria of origin, background and common characters
– Having nationality and clear legal status.
– Having a legal work permit issued by the state (if not yet granted, must provide sufficient identification to the school/support center)
– Having a clear visa (visa) and properly classified.
– No previous conviction and offense.
– Enthusiastic, friendly and open-minded.
– Having experience of culture and understanding of characteristics and traditions of Vietnam.
With all these documents, you are ready to apply to any positions that suit your interests and abilities.
Perhaps you face any difficulties during the job application process, please contact Vietnam Teaching Jobs immediately for supports. Besides, you can send your CV & documents directly to our email: email@example.com We wish you all the best in your journey of job searching.