– Three (02) Professional photos
This should be a photo from the shoulders up and facing forward. Please try to ensure the background is a solid color and that no part of the applicant’s head or face is cropped outside of the photo. The photos size should be 4 x 6 cm, white background, taken within the past 06 months without glasses and neatly groomed hair.
– Passport (Original & notarization)
- The hard photocopy must be notarized at a notary public or by a notarization official
– Degree (Original & legalization)
– TESOL/TEFL/Teaching Certificate (Original & legalization)
– The experience letter (at least 3 years oversea) (consulate legalization) (if any)
– Criminal Record Check (issue within 6 months) (Original & legalization)
- Option 1: Applicants applying for an FBI Criminal Record Check must first go to their local police station and get their fingerprints taken on official fingerprint paper. After that, applicants will need to submit those fingerprints to the FBI Headquarters along with an application form, payment, and a cover letter explaining that they are applying to teach in Vietnam and need the criminal record check for international purposes. The cover letter will allow the section chief that issues the criminal record check to notarize it with their signature.
- Option 2: Go to your local police department where you reside or last resided in your home country, request that the police conduct a local or state criminal records search and provide you with a document reflecting that there is no history of a criminal record. Local police departments may require your personal appearance in order to conduct the search
– Health check (issue within 6 months)
All applicants are required to declare chronic health conditions on application so that we can assess whether they will adversely impact the health check. The health check certificate must be issued within the last 6 months, you can make it in Vietnam or in your country (You will need to legalize Health Check if you make it in your country). Please make sure that you have 02 4 cm x 6 cm portrait photos of yourself and your passport with you. The photo must be taken in front of a white background and within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
How to LEGALISATION
In order to use your documents in Viet Nam, each document must be legalised by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office/the Department of Foreign Affairs and then in turn legalised by the Embassy of Viet Nam in Teacher’s country.
For legalisation at the Embassy of Viet Nam, you need to submit to the Consular Section, Embassy of Vietnam in person or by post the following documents:
1. Legalisation Application Form
2. Documents (original or copy) with ORIGINAL apostille stamp
3. Copy of documents with apostille stamp4. A self-addressed envelope if you want your documents to be returned by post.
5. Legalisation fees
Please email to Vietnam Embassy for details or on Vietnam Embassy official website in your country.
For documents returned by post, the Embassy can provide tracking number if requested.
For more detail or any concern, please contact to Vietnam Embassy in your country to check about requirements.