|at Horizon International Bilingual School (view profile)|
Math / Science Teaching
Primary English Teaching
|Are you willing to accept and support qualified teachers currently outside of Vietnam?||Yes|
|Nationality of candidate:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand, South African|
|Experience||> 2 years|
|Candidate Requirements||Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, PGCE|
|Where is the employer located:||Hà Nội|
|Salary:||2300 - 3000 USD; Housing Allowance; Free lunch at school|
|Type of institution||International School|
PRIMARY HOMEROOM TEACHER
We are looking for a qualified and enthusiastic primary-level homeroom teacher who will teach Science, English and Math to a group of students in grades 1 to 5. The ideal candidate will have a passion for teaching and learning, as well as experience in planning and delivering engaging lessons that meet the curriculum standards and the individual needs of each student. The primary-level homeroom teacher will also be responsible for preparing students for various events such as school assemblies, field trips, competitions, exhibitions, etc. The primary-level homeroom teacher will work closely with other teachers and staff to create a positive and supportive learning environment that fosters creativity, curiosity, collaboration and respect.
- Plan and deliver lessons that cover science, English and math topics in an integrated way using inquiry-based learning approaches
- Assess, monitor and keep a record of student progress using formative and summative assessment tools such as quizzes, tests, projects, portfolios, etc.
- Provide feedback to students and parents on academic performance, behaviour and attitude using report cards, conferences, emails, etc.
- Differentiate instruction to meet the diverse learning styles and abilities of each student using strategies such as grouping, scaffolding, and differentiation by content/process/product/outcome/interest/learning profile
- Use a variety of teaching methods and resources to make learning fun and meaningful such as games, experiments, simulations, stories, songs, videos, etc.
- Prepare students for various events such as school assemblies,student-led conferences, learning expos, charity fairs, field trips, competitions, exhibitions, etc., by helping them develop skills such as public speaking, presentation, research, teamwork, creativity, etc.
- Manage classroom behaviour and establish clear rules and expectations using positive reinforcement and logical consequences
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, colleagues and administration using verbal and non-verbal communication skills such as active listening, questioning, clarifying, summarizing, empathizing, etc.
- Participate in professional development and other school activities such as workshops, seminars, webinars, courses, data dialogue meetings etc., to update knowledge and skills and share best practices.
One of the significant responsibilities of a homeroom teacher is to conduct regular home visits.
The home visit is defined as visiting the parent in his/her home (if the house is not available in their workplace or at a mutually agreed location excluding the school campus.)
The homeroom teacher uses this opportunity to communicate with parents regarding a number of points, including but not limited to the following:
- Getting to know each other, introduction, mainstreaming, and sharing.
- Collaboration of school and family with one specific aim, turning family into part of the solution
- Improve communication between students, family, teacher and administration;
- Following a more accurate path in character education and academic success by knowing the student and his/her family
- School activities and events, student progress and achievement, discipline issues, student success and commendations etc.
- The visits should take place at least once a term per student.
- Native English speaker with Bachelor's degree/PGCE/QTS, Major: Education / Elementary Education
- Hold a pedagogical certificate/PGCE/QTS if you do not hold a degree in Education
- Teaching certification or license
- Ability to use technology effectively in teaching and learning
- Creativity, flexibility, adaptability and enthusiasm
- Being able to commit to work for the full academic year
- At least two years of teaching experience at the primary level in an international or bilingual school setting
- Knowledge of science/English/math curriculum standards based on national or international frameworks such as Common Core State Standards (CCSS), International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP), Cambridge Primary Curriculum (CPC), etc.
- Ability to use technology effectively in teaching and learning, such as interactive whiteboards (IWBs), laptops/tablets/smartphones/apps/software/websites/platforms/etc., online learning management systems (LMSs) such as Google classroom/Moodle/Canvas/etc., online collaboration tools such as Google Docs/Slides/Forms/etc., Zoom/Skype/etc., online assessment tools such as Kahoot/Quizizz/Socrative/etc., etc.
- Creativity/flexibility/adaptability/enthusiasm for teaching diverse learners from different cultural backgrounds/languages/abilities/interests/personalities
- 11 Months contract (August - June)
- This is a full-time position, with working hours determined by the school's schedule.
- Occasional weekend and evening work may be required to support co-curricular music activities and events.
- Competitive salary
- Housing Allowance
- Relocation Allowance
- Bonus salary upon completion of the contract
- Flight allowance per contractual year
- Flight allowance for the child(ren)
- Free tuition and meal fees for the children at school age (max 2 children)
- Assistance and provision of Stay Permit in Vietnam
- Free lunch at school