|at WASHINGTON ENGLISH CENTER (view profile)|
|Nationality of teacher:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, South African|
|Teaching Experience||> 2 years|
|Candidate Requirements||Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, TEFL certification, CELTA, Online Class: 120 hours certificate or more, Classroom Classes: 120 hours certificate or more|
|Where is the school located:||Hà Nội|
|Salary:||Minimum $1,600/month and up|
English Teaching Position for young learners at language center
We are looking for teachers to join our native speaker teaching team at our language center in our headquarters. We provide additional supplementary English courses to students from 4 to 18 years old. Our native teachers will share classes with our Vietnamese English teachers. The main objective of our native speaker teacher lessons is to focus on listening and speaking skills for students as well as helping students to gain confidence in conversing English.
Students are placed into different classes based on age and English ability. Our teachers are schedule into different classes based on teacher’s preferences and experience. Schedule stays consistent throughout the year to aid students and teachers relation development.
Class size varies from 12 to 18 students. For younger students age 4 to 9, a Vietnamese teacher assistant is present to assist with classroom management and translation. Every class is equipped with computer, projector, speakers, white board, and markers. The building is wifi equipped. All classes are in our building in Hai Ba Trung District.
Teachers will also be provided with syllabus, textbooks, teaching materials, and teaching aids.
Please take the time to read over the details below of the position and email us with your application. Thank you for your time and we look forward to speaking with you.
• English speakers from America, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and the UK
• Relevant College Degree (4 years)
• CELTA or TESOL certificate or other teaching equivalency
• At least 1 year of teaching experience
• A clean Police Clearance Check
• High level of in class Energy
• Enthusiastic about teaching ESL
• A professional attitude and appearance
• Able to teach in a Language Center and Partner School classroom
• Able to produce a Neutral Accent during lessons
Details of Position:
- 460,000 VND to 560,000 VND per hour based on experience and qualifications
- Completion Bonus
- Provide private health insurance policy
- Guarantee a minimum of 60 hours teaching month
- No deduction is taken from monthly salary.
- Setup of a local bank account
- Receive training to improve teaching skills
- Teaching the provided syllabus using ESL methods
- Creating and administering engaging speaking activities
- Administering mid-term and final tests
- Participating in mandatory training workshops and meetings
- Attending special school events
- In certain circumstances, working or covering at the English center
- Regular communication with our office
- Teacher’s package includes information, curriculum, and teaching materials
- Approachable and friendly working environment
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Flexible: willingness to adapt to new environment and change
- Self sufficient: Ability to manage oneself in a new cultural environment
- Culturally sensitive: desire to interact with other Vietnamese teachers and respect the culture differences
- Creative: ability to solve problems quickly and come up with interesting and dynamic lesson plans cater to the needs of Vietnamese students
- Experienced: at ease with large classes, various approaches to ESL teaching giving different teaching setting preferably in public schools
- Mobile: flexible in adjusting to transportation and traffic in Hanoi
- Committed: desire to follow through different projects at hand and complete until the end of contract
Position start dates in April 2019.
Washington English Center is a moderately sized language center located in Hanoi celebrating our ninth year of operation. Our English center is part of the Education and Training Consultation Group (ETC) that has been providing education services to Vietnamese students for the past 20 years.
Method of Application:
Please email your CV, current Photo, and Cover letter to the following email address with the Subject line of “Your Name Full-Time ESL teaching position”. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Washington Language Center Hiring Team