The Covid-19 home test kit is a test kit that helps to quickly diagnose the presence of Covid-19 virus in respiratory samples. The method is evaluated to have high accuracy, the results are available within 15 minutes. You can buy and perform test for Covid-19 at home at a reasonable price.
WHAT IS A COVID TEST KIT?
The covid test kit is a rapid test tool used at home or by medical staff in the case of testing a person for the possibility of COVID-19 infection.
For example, a person who has been in close contact with F0 (who is determined to be positive for Covid) is required to test for Covid-19 for screening.
When buying a COVID-19 test kit, the things that will be included in the product include:
• Test tray
• Filter cap
• Test tubes containing extracts
• Sampling cotton swabs
• 1 sheet of user manual (depending on the test kit)
There are two common types of test kits based on current sampling methods: Nasal and nasopharyngeal swabs.
WHO SHOULD TEST FOR COVID-19 AT HOME?
According to medical experts, people should actively test at a medical facility or use a covid test kit at home in the following cases:
PERSON WITH SUBJECTS OF COVID-19
Anyone who is showing symptoms of infection such as cough, fever, loss of taste, smell, etc., or is worried that they have the disease, can self-test at home, regardless of how many doses of vaccines they have received.
PERSON IN CLOSE CONTACT OF SUSPECTED CASES
People who have not been vaccinated and have no symptoms of Covid-19 disease, but have an epidemiological history of close contact with suspected cases or F0 patients.
If you suspect that you are highly likely to be in the exposure phase, pay special attention and consider performing a rapid test at home.
PERSONS WORKING FIRST MOVING
In particular, people who often have to go out of the house to work and come into contact with many people every day are also the recommended groups to perform periodic rapid tests to regularly check and ensure their health. own health status.
BENEFITS OF USE OF A HOME COVID TEST KIT
The Covid-19 rapid test kit at home has not been able to completely replace the Covid-19 rapid test at hospitals and clinics. However, they also bring many benefits in the current fast-spreading disease situation.
With cities applying strict travel restrictions. Ordering test kits to self-test for covid-19 at home helps people feel secure and safer.
With the increasing infection rate of Delta strain. Limiting contact or going to crowded areas such as concentrated Covid-19 testing sites is essential.
SAVE COST OF SCREENING TESTING
The cost of home Covid testing services currently provided by clinics and hospitals costs up to 1 million VND/sample.
Using the covid rapid test at home can save a lot of testing costs for families or individuals during the screening process.
5 STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR QUICK SELF TEST FOR COVID-19 AT HOME
Here are 5 steps to take samples and quickly test for Covid-19 at home that you can refer to.
STEP 1: PREPARATION
– Clean the test surface (such as table top, tray) with disinfectant solution. For example, a solution containing at least 70% alcohol.
– Prepare test equipment. The test kit includes the test tray (where the results are performed and displayed); buffer solution tube; funnel with filter; Sampling swab.
– The sampler must wear a mask, use gloves and a drop shield (if any).
STEP 2: SAMPLE COLLECTION
– The person taking the sample must wash his hands with an antiseptic solution before taking the sample.
– The person being sampled needs to sit still in a chair. When doing this, the sampler stands to the left or right of the person being sampled. Do not stand opposite to avoid droplets when sneezing.
– The sampled person pulls the mask over the nose but still covers the mouth. Tilt your head back about 70 degrees and relax.
– The sampler now gently inserts a cotton swab into one side of the nasal cavity, close to the floor of the nose to the posterior wall of the oropharynx.
– Rotate the sample strip 3-4 times to absorb enough fluid and then gently pull the strip out.
STEP 3: SAMPLE PROCESSING
– Insert the swab tip of the sample probe into the buffer solution tube, so that the swab tip is submerged in the solution. Dip the tip of the cotton swab several times in the buffer solution.
– When taking out the stick, should gently squeeze the tube wall to squeeze out all the water in the tip of the cotton swab. Then place the funnel containing the filter on the buffer tube.
STEP 4: READ THE RESULTS
– Add three drops of buffer (or according to the amount indicated in the kit’s instructions for use) from the buffer tube in the specimen cell on the sampling tray.
– The person taking the sample washes his hands with an antiseptic solution. Results read in 15-30 minutes.
– If the test tray shows only one bar in the position marked with the letter C, the rapid test is negative for Covid-19.
– If the tray shows two lines at position C and T, the rapid test is positive for Covid-19.
– If only one line appears at position T, or no line appears, the rapid test is unsatisfactory and the results are invalid.
STEP 5: AFTER SAMPLE PROCESSING
– After reading the results, put all used items in the bag and seal it. Avoid throwing these test kits directly into the household trash.
– The surface of the used test kit bag and the newly used table top must be disinfected with an antiseptic solution. Wash your hands with soap or sanitizer again after completing the test.
– Waste containing samples can be stored together with bags containing masks and tissues containing secretions after you test for Covid-19. Seal the mouth of the garbage bag, disinfect the outside of the bag with 70 degrees of alcohol or Chloramin B and place it in a trash can with a tight-fitting lid.