While on board, it is compulsory to wear a mask and follow government’s instructions to avoid infection. Vietnamese citizens and foreigners who are relatives of Vietnamese citizens entering Vietnam will have to be in concentrated isolation for at least 14 days; then to get sampled for the second time on the 14th day of entry.
For groups of foreigners who are experts, investors, business managers, high-tech workers and their relatives, before boarding the plane, they must have a valid passport; have an admission permit issued by a competent authority; confirmation of negative evidence for SARS-CoV-2 virus; a health insurance or commit to pay expenses in case of having COVID-19; registration, with confirmation of reception of the hotel quarantine facility and shuttle service; and complete online medical declaration for 12 hours prior to departure.
Experts entering our Vietnam will be:
- In concentrated isolation for the first 7 days at the hotel, taking samples for testing 2 times (day 2 and day 6)
- In case of having negative test results for SARS-CoV-2 virus in patient samples collected on day 6, you will be isolated at the property where you stay.
- At the same accommodation, experts, workers will be tested for the third time on the 14th day of entry.
For groups of foreigners entering Vietnam for the purposes of diplomacy or public service (working 14 days or more)
- Foreign experts and foreigners entering Vietnam for the purpose of diplomacy, public service, short-term working (less than 14 days) will be isolated at home, or accommodation (arranged by enterprises, hotels) for a total of 14 days.
- During the quarantine process, a foreigner entering Vietnam for diplomatic purposes must wear a mask to prevent as well as avoid infection in the quarantine area; take samples for testing 2 times on the first and 14th day.
- Foreign experts and foreigners entering Vietnam for the purpose of diplomacy, public service, and short working days (less than 14 days) will be sampled for testing on the first day of isolation. After that, samples were taken once every 3 days.
In addition to the necessary documents, before entry, all 3 groups above need a certificate of negative for SARS-CoV-2 virus issued by the competent authority 3-5 days before the departure date. They must make an online medical declaration within 12 hours before departure and install the Vietnam Health Declaration application and traceability application.
However, group 1 and group 2 in particular, need additional registration and confirmation of hotel reception and shuttle service.