[UTS HCMC] ESL Teacher (Common Core Program) - Starting end of July 2023
|at US Vietnam Talent International School (UTS) (view profile)|
|Are you willing to accept and support qualified teachers currently outside of Vietnam?||Yes|
|Nationality of candidate:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand, South African, European|
|Experience||1 - 2 years|
|Where is the employer located:||TP HCM|
|Salary:||Negotiable, Work permit, visa/TRC supported & sponsored by School during employment period|
HAPPY TEACHERS CHANGE THE WORLD!
US Vietnam Talent International School (UTS) is a member of Van Lang Education Group, one of the biggest education group in Vietnam that offers a holistic education pathway for learners from kindergarten to postgraduate over the last 28 years. Established since 2018, UTS pursues the mission of creating a safe, caring, and creative learning environment that inspires all students to grow their talents and characters, so they become well–rounded lifelong learners and compassionate leaders that contribute to change the world for the better.
UTS's curriculum is intertwined, resonating between traditional Vietnamese values, while motivating students to become global citizens who meet international standards.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT UTS:
UTS is seeking for an ESL Teacher (Common Core Program) to join our community for school year 2023-2024 (Starting end of July 2023), who will be responsible for delivering inspiring lessons and promoting a student-centered environment that nurtures UTS 6 Core Values: Integrity, Respect, Courage, Contribution, Lifelong Learning, and Creativity.
A. OUR EMPLOYEE VALUE PROPOSITION
- Work permit, visa/TRC supported & sponsored by School during employment period; Dependent Visa and residence card support
- Relocation allowance & support (for overseas hires)
- Professional environment & motivating working conditions
- Comprehensive training program & development roadmap
- Up to 22 days paid annual leave plus 12 days paid holidays per year
- Contract completion bonus; Summer course teaching bonus; Performance bonus
- Healthcare & accident insurance package
- Tuition fee support for children enroll in UTS
- A positive, dedicated and caring working culture
B. YOUR ACCOUNTABILITY
1. Planning and Teaching
- Plan and teach well-structured and engaging lessons in accordance with the relevant pacing guide that corresponds to school standards, delivery 30 to 33 periods teaching periods and up to 3 extra-activity periods per week (each period equivalent to 40 minutes in length), following the timetable and teaching plan;
- Adapt and tailor teaching to meet the needs of individual students, creating a student-centered environment so that all are appropriately supported and challenged;
- To liaise with other teachers (International Program and National Program) to ensure learning support needs are addressed and support high quality learning;
- Conduct tutorials for underachieving students;
- Cover lessons for absent teachers when needed.
- Provide students with high quality and timely feedback that enables them to know where they are and what they need to do to improve;
- Design a wide range of formative and summative assessment tools to evaluate student learning including, but not limited to, worksheets, homework, tests;
- Provide assessment and achievement information/data as required for tracking and reporting purposes;
3. Parent Engagement and Student Wellbeing
- Work closely with the local teachers to communicate with parents on academic or social matters, including follow up on reports, parents’ meetings etc.;
- Maintain a purposeful and safe learning environment for all students;
- Promote the general progress and wellbeing of individual students and of UTS community;
4. Curriculum Revision
- Give feedback on the school curriculum when necessary;
- Assist in the development and revision of the school’s syllabi and materials if needed.
5. Extracurricular Activities and Professional Development
- Offer exciting extracurricular activities and clubs that support the holistic development of students; Be involved in the organization and delivery of events, festivals, assemblies, etc;
- Embrace all opportunities to develop knowledge and understanding through internal and external PD or sharing workshops/events/campaigns;
- Comply and contribute to the UTS quality improvement plan: mentor observation, peer observation, self-reflection, etc.
- Proactively participate in sharing sessions/workshops to contribute to the progress of the whole IP team.
- Attend team/department/school meetings to get updates on codes, regulations, and policy;
- Complete all paperwork required for leave requests, work permits, disciplinary measures, etc. according to timelines laid out by school policy.
C. JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Education/ pedagogy university degree in a relevant field
- Professional teaching qualification/license/certification as applicable
- Preference will be given to those holding a master degree
2. Experiences & skills
- At least two years teaching experience in an international /bilingual school
- Good working knowledge of the English and/or American National Curriculum
- Understanding of effective teaching and learning theory and practice of providing effectively for the individual needs of all children through classroom organization, differentiation and learning strategies
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- High level of IT competence
- Fluent English speaker (minimum C1 fluency)
D. CONTACT INFORMATION
Human Resources Department - US Vietnam Talent International School
Campus 1: UTS Van Lang Complex Campus
Gate 1: 69/68 Dang Thuy Tram Str., Ward 13, Binh Thanh District, HCMC
Gate 2: 80/68 Duong Quang Ham Str., Ward 5, Go Vap District, HCMC
Campus 2: UTS Botanique Campus
360D Ben Van Don Str., Ward 1, District 4, HCMC