|at Pennsylvania American School (view profile)|
Teach Primary School
|Are you willing to accept and support teachers outside for their application? (Due to COVID-19 pandemic)||Yes|
|Nationality of candidate:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand, South African, Other|
|Experience||1 - 2 years|
|Candidate Requirements||Bachelor's Degree, TEFL certification, CELTA, DELTA, Online Class: 100 hours certificate, Online Class: 120 hours certificate or more, Classroom Classes: 100 hours certificate, Classroom Classes: 120 hours certificate or more, Master Degree in TESOL (or equivalent)|
|Where is the employer located:||TP HCM|
- Salary will be discussed once a potential teacher has been through the initial interview;
- Airfare support
- Housing Allowance
- Paid National and School holidays
- Summer payments
- International health insurance
- Visa, Work permit, and residence card provided
- Discount for children‘s tuition fee
- To teach diligently and faithfully the classes or subjects assigned to the Teacher by the Principal by the School’s yearly schedule as published by the School;
- Create a lively, communicative atmosphere in the class that is conducive to teaching and learning;
- Encourage diligence, organization, responsibility, self-reliance, co-operation, teamwork, honesty, understanding, and tolerance in students;
- Ensure appropriate behavior of students in class and around the School;
- To ensure that the attendance of pupils for every school day is recorded in the teacher portal supplied by the School;
- Maintain student records in accordance with the school policies and the guidelines issued by the Vietnam MoET, Ministry of Education, The Western Australia School Curriculum, The International Baccalaureate, The Pennsylvania American School Curriculum, and Standard Authority. This includes assessment records, progress records, classroom planning records (such as a daily planner), curriculum planning, as designated, attendance information, curriculum scope, and sequence;
- Write, supervise and mark tests and exams as appropriate; produce weekly, end of term, yearly, transfer and other necessary reports, as required by the Principal;
- Review student progress weekly and, where appropriate, provide additional academic assistance for students as an extension to the instructional part of the day;
- To participate in a program of activities other than classroom instruction that advance student; education and education-related goals, and includes but is not limited to activities having to do with school-related sports, arts, and cultural activities;
- Cover for absent colleagues when necessary;
- Duties as assigned by the BoD and HoS.
- Working hours: 40 hours per week (7:30 – 17:00) from Monday to Friday
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in teaching or relevant field (in Math, Science, English, Social Studies, Computer Science, Music, Visual Art, Drama);
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a teacher in Kindergarten, Primary, Secondary or High School.
- Ability to differentiate student-learning experiences through the use of a variety of teaching and assessment strategies in order to meet the needs of all students.
- PennSchool is committed to child safeguarding and the welfare of children. Our interview process will include both child safeguarding and faculty conduct questions. All candidates will be subject to criminal background and employment checks.
- PennSchool will make direct contact with candidates’ current supervisors as part of our hiring practices.
- In-depth knowledge of teaching methods and legal educational procedures.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-organized with excellent leadership abilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills.