|at Trường Nguyễn Siêu (view profile)|
Math / Science Teaching
|Are you willing to accept and support qualified teachers currently outside of Vietnam?||Yes|
|Nationality of candidate:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand, South African, European, Vietnamese, Filipino, Other|
|Candidate Requirements||Bachelor's Degree, PGCE, CELTA, DELTA|
|Where is the employer located:||Hà Nội|
|Job City||Ha Noi|
|Salary:||VND 50,000,000 to VND 85,000,000 (for subject/classroom teachers)|
About Nguyen Sieu – A Proud Vietnamese School
Nguyen Sieu School, located at Mac Thai To Street in Cau Giay District, is a selective entry school. The school wishes to live by its vision, that is, to become a premier bilingual school that offers world-class education while upholding traditional Vietnamese values. At the heart of our educational program is a core commitment to ensuring that our students are well-equipped to take their place in an increasingly inter-connected and globalised world.
As a Cambridge international school network member since 2013, the school delivers an integrated curriculum between Cambridge International and Vietnamese National Programs. Our IGCSE and A-Level results consistently stand above the global average. Nguyen Sieu students are among the high achievers and top performers in IGCSE, AS, and A-Level exams. Nguyen Sieu School is also a Study Center of NCUK, delivering the NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY) as an alternative pathway to universities.
Our school has set out to prioritise the support of aspiring teachers to secure precise qualifications and competencies for school teaching through our network of current qualified teachers and trained in-school mentors. In 2023, Nguyen Sieu becomes a Teacher Development Hub School of TES Institute (Times Educational Supplement), serving as an authorised placement site for practice teaching as part of the iPGCE and MA programmes offered by the University of East London (UEL).
About the role
Nguyen Sieu School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic MATHS TEACHER with evidence-informed teaching to join our fantastic SECONDARY School in the Academic Year, 2023-2024.
- The Teacher will teach Maths at Key Stage 3 which follows the relevant Cambridge International Curriculum Framework.
Whilst this position is full-time for the next academic year, the school may offer another arrangement for the preferred candidate, should this be desired.
- A university degree and appropriate teaching qualifications (CELTA/PGCE equivalent);
- A sound subject knowledge in relevant fields and a good understanding of the Cambridge International Curriculum;
- Relevant teaching experience with a proven record of teaching effectiveness;
- Excellent planning and implementation of teaching programs that provide for differentiation;
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills to engage positively with colleagues, students and parents for educational impact;
- Excellent classroom management and organisational skills that create supportive and safe environments, including managing challenging student behaviours and meeting a variety of learning needs;
- An excellent understanding of a variety of assessment and reporting strategies and the need to provide effective and timely feedback to parents and students;
- The capacity to be a proactive member of a professional learning community and a sound commitment to contribute to the school’s community life.
- Work hours: 40 hours per week (plus 1 hour per day for lunch), normally to be worked between 7.30 am and 4.30 pm, Monday through Friday. Occasionally, the Teacher will be required to work during weekends.
- Standard contact hours: A maximum of 80 contact hours per month. Contact hours include teaching, learning support provision, and coaching/mentoring students, as assigned by the Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
Besides teaching duties, all teachers are expected to use their standard working hours for lesson/resource preparation, assessment work (including feedback, grading/marking and reporting), curriculum/course/programme development, and supervision duties. Teachers are also required to complete other complementary duties as per requests from the School. Such work may include learning support provision, coaching/mentoring students in their student-led clubs and local/international competitions/contests, involvement in extra-curricular activities, attendance at staff meetings, parent-teacher events, school functions and professional development/training sessions.
- Attractive competency-based pay (after tax), ranging from
- VND 50,000,000 to VND 85,000,000 (for subject/classroom teachers)
- Sick leave and annual paid leave, including a 2-week holiday during Christmas and New Year
- Premium Medical Insurance with Bao Viet
- Tuition discount for dependent children
- End of Service Allowance
- Work permit and visa/residence card support
- CPD programs and initiatives
- Great students and an inclusive working environment.
Safeguarding and Student Welfare
Nguyen Sieu is committed to high safeguarding standards and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and those who work in the school. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references, identity check, qualification verification checks and criminal record check.
Equal employment opportunities
Nguyen Sieu is committed equal opportunities and welcomes applicants from all nationalities and as such we ask that all applicants have the right to work in Vietnam. We strive for a culturally diverse teaching environment where teachers come from over 12 countries, across all 5 continents.
Applicants are required to submit the current resume (including contact details of 3 referees), a scanned copy of relevant degree certificates, and a statement of suitability against the essential criteria as outlined above.
Successful applicants will be short-listed for an interview.