|at ILO Academy (view profile)|
Administrative & Academic Management
|Are you willing to accept and support teachers outside for their application? (Due to COVID-19 pandemic)||Yes|
|Nationality of candidate:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand|
|Candidate Requirements||Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, CELTA, DELTA|
|Where is the employer located:||TP HCM|
ABOUT ILO ACADEMY
ILO Academy is a bilingual preschool offering the best of an enhanced globalised Finnish early childhood play-based learning education and the Vietnamese preschool framework. ILO Academy is the 'sibling' of ILA VIETNAM and will be supported in all ways by ILA. ILA's entry into the preschool business is a long term venture, with the likelihood of at least (if not more) 10 schools opening regionally within the next two years.
ILO Academy Nursery & Preschool provides a unique educational programme to children aged 18 months to 6 years. We believe in the potential of every child. Preschool children, each and every one of them, is a unique masterpiece with unlimited potential to do and be anything they want. As early childhood educators committed to equity, ILO holds high expectations for their achievement in learning, and encourages them and their families to do the same. ILO Academy follows an international and enhanced version of the Vietnamese National Curriculum inspired by Finnish pedagogy for Early Childhood Education. The teaching approach recognises that children learn best through play-based learning and supports this through inquiry-based teaching (structuring activities that require critical thinking and problem-solving in order to develop 21st century learning skills) and evidence-based teaching (observing how the child chooses to play and learn).
See more about ILO Academy at ilo.edu.vn
We are looking for a highly dedicated and responsible Academic Manager with a strong background & training in delivering modern kindergarten methodologies.
The ILO Academy Academic Manager (AM) is responsible for ensuring the ILO Academy programme is successfully delivered in line with ILO Academy quality standards, 21st century learning vision and Finnish-inspired learning model, in every ILO Academy preschool. This is done by providing outstanding leadership and oversight in:
- Administering and coordinating the implementation of the curriculum and teaching methodologies, aligning to the Finnish model.
- Administering and coordinating the implementation of teacher training, teacher observations and resulting professional development plans
- Ensuring the smooth onboarding, induction, quality control and care and welfare of the Academic Team
- Ensuring the successful delivery of the ILO Preschool programme.
* JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills at Native or Native Level English Speaker level (IELTS 7.5 minimum)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Education in either Early Years or Primary Education.
- Current Cambridge CELTA/ Trinity TESOL certificate, or Equivalent Minimum
- 2 years of teaching experience in early childhood or very young learner context Minimum
- 2 years of additional experience as academic manager or in a senior academic management position in early childhood or very young learner context
- Contract type: 1 year full-time contract including 20 days paid annual leave plus public holidays
- Salary & benefit package: To be discussed in the interview
- Working time: 40 hours work per week
- Working location: various locations nationwide, with base in Head Office - HCMC
- Start date: Immediately