|Are you willing to accept and support qualified teachers currently outside of Vietnam?
|How many positions do you need to fill?
|Nationality of candidate:
|> 5 years
|Where is the employer located:
|Minimum USD 3,500/month with relocation benefits for overseas candidates; Free breakfast and lunch
|Type of institution
Founded in 2007, The Olympia Schools is a pioneering educational system established as an extension of the Dream House Educational System (since 2003). The Olympia Schools System is comprised of Olympia High School, Olympia Middle School, Olympia Primary School and Olympia Kindergarten.
In 2022, The Olympia Schools System has achieved impressive successes for our strategic plans: launching the International Baccalaureate (IB) Programmes; being fully accredited for Grades K-12 by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (W.A.S.C); operating and managing The OIS Schools in Van Khe New Urban area, Ha Dong District, Ha Noi.
Those accomplishments could not be made without our team of highly capable, innovative and passionate teachers and staff, who have been persistent in pursuing the Dream House System’s liberal, humanistic and personalized education ethos. To meet the needs of our further growth and expansion in the 2024–2025 school year and following years, we are seeking qualified candidates who share our mission, vision and values to join our team – our Olympia and OIS families.
The vacancies for 2024-2025 school year are as below:
- Economics/Business Management
As a teacher at our schools, you will be joining a supportive, welcoming, highly capable and passionate team with excellent performances and outstanding track records. The key duties of this role will include:
- Preparing curriculum, lesson plans, and teaching materials for class instruction and activities, updating and managing information on the school digital platform(s);
- Teaching students according to the requirements of the school’s curriculum;
- Effectively implementing and adapting teaching methods, learning strategies and instructional materials to meet the needs and interests of student, including those who need extra support;
- Conducting assessments of student attainment, monitoring their academic progress, and providing pertinent feedback;
- Establishing classroom expectations, observing and evaluating student performance, promoting and developing students’ academic, personal, and social development in and beyond the classroom;
- Working with teachers, parents/guardians to discuss student’s progress and to support them in any issues, both behavioral or academic ones;
- Attending faculty meetings, professional development trainings, school events, and any other job-related assignments.
- Update and manage the job-related information systems.
- Candidates with a University Degree in Education, PGCE and similar degrees/authorized teaching certificates are given priority. Minimum requirement is a Bachelor Degree in the field you apply to teach. A valid teaching certificate/license is a big plus.
- Extensive background knowledge, skills and experience in teaching relevant disciplines
- At least 2 years of IB DP teaching experiences. Candidates with AP experience of the same subject can be given preference.
- Working hours: 7:45 AM to 4:45 PM, Monday to Friday (1-hour lunch break)
- 20 hours of teaching/week
- 20 hours of planning, marking & other school-related tasks
- 10 working weekend days per school year (for school trainings, events and team meetings)
Paid Days Off:
- Winter holiday
- Tet (Lunar New Year) holiday
- National holidays
- Sick and personal days
- Compassionate leave
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonus and continuity bonus
- Annual salary raise
- Professional development opportunities with leading experts and institutes in Vietnam and overseas
- Sponsorship of work permit and TRC/visa
- Health insurance
- Free breakfast and lunch