|at I Can Read (view profile)|
Administrative & Academic Management
Business English Teaching
|Are you willing to accept and support qualified teachers currently outside of Vietnam?||Yes|
|Nationality of candidate:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand, European|
|Experience||> 5 years|
|Candidate Requirements||Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, Advanced Graduate work or Ph.D, Classroom Classes: 120 hours certificate or more, Master Degree in TESOL (or equivalent)|
|Where is the employer located:||TP HCM|
|Job City||Ho Chi Minh|
|Salary:||Negotiate and competitive|
- Delivery of Academic Professional Development responsibilities and coordination of administrative functions of programs and projects related to the Academic Department.
- Support Teaching Staff to achieve the goals and targets of the teaching team, as well as the goals and objectives of the curriculum. Coordinate and support Academic Professional Development Tasks, Human Capital Department Tasks, and Sales & Marketing Tasks. Ensuring that the Academic Department is delivering all I Can Read programs correctly and constantly with the highest standard, thus maximizing student growth and retention.
- Work with Head of Academic, Academic Operation Executive, and Senior Management Team, to ensure that I Can Read Vietnam delivers from an Academic Perspective to a consistently high standard, helping increase the company’s overall credibility and profitability.
1. Teachers Training & Development
• Prepare and deliver training programs to all ICR Teachers. These training would include Onboarding Training, Methodology Training, Product-Knowledge training, Academic Policies Training, Academic Operations training, and Refresher Training.
• Prepare and deliver Academic training to other HQ Departments, so that HQ staff members are fully aware of Academic Operation Matters, when required/requested.
• Meet with the new teachers, 1 week after the training, to take the teacher through a formal evaluation of their training performance and to check for further possible training needs.
• In collaboration with the Head of Academics, develop and deliver additional teacher training for curriculum updates, holidays, and other ad-hoc courses (e.g., Summer courses), as well as Workshops, when required/requested.
• Conduct Professional Development training and Refresher Training for Teachers to support overall high-quality delivery by Teachers
• Identify the teachers according to Top Performers/Mid Performers/Low Performers and provide the necessary observation and feedback sessions based on the prepared Monthly Observation Calendar
2.Teacher Observation & Coaching
• Conduct a Formal Teaching Observation and Feedback with each new Teacher, after the teacher has completed the first month and second month of the probation contract.
• Based on the Observations plus overall Teacher Performance and Centre Management feedback, make an official recommendation regarding confirmation or non-confirmation of the new teacher (from an academic perspective).
• Conduct Teacher Observations using ICR Observation Documents, to ensure that teachers are delivering high-quality classes based on the set out ICR guidelines and processes.
• Provide the necessary Coaching Sessions with the teachers who have been observed, to provide the teachers the relevant feedback in the areas that have been identified for the teacher to improve in. Ensure an action plan is in place for teacher improvement.
• Provide Action Plan for Teachers who fall into the Low Performing Category
Design and conduct the relevant teacher development training to support the teacher in improving the quality of the lesson delivery and for further development.
3. Inter-Department Support
• Coordinating with the teaching team to maximize teaching quality, through observations, feedbacking, and continual professional development training
• Work alongside the Head of Academic and Academic Operation Executive, to provide customer service support with a primary focus on resolving academic/teacher-related issues.
• Developing the Parent Communication Policy and Calendar to ensure that communication between parents and teachers is frequent and systematized.
• Encouraging teachers to regularly speak to parents on an ad hoc basis, both to build strong relationships, and to ensure parents are fully informed about their child’s progress.
• Contribute to the Developing systems for measurement of parent satisfaction, and for identifying parents who are at risk of withdrawal.
Reacting to parent concerns, and where possible, meeting directly with parents to communicate and support the parents accordingly.
• Assisting in supporting and delivering special promotional events, both within ICR centers and in other locations (where applicable).
• Support to the Marketing Team, as being part of the team to help with special events, road shows, exhibitions, and seminars for brand promotion or demos.
4. Other Business Support
• Supporting the Academic Department with covering classes, where this is needed or required.
• Support of overall business of I Can Read Vietnam, with any academic operation projects assigned by the Managing Director, to help support business growth and stability.
• Bachelor’s degree in English (Master's degree in Education is an advantage)
• Demonstrate fluency in the field of education.
• At least 5 years experience in the same position and 5 years of teaching, understanding students’ psychology and the literacy component of the language.
• Good communication and persuasion skills.
• Hands-on Leadership.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Team player interacts well with people of all levels.
• Strong customer service focus.
• Can understand and work well within the company work culture
• Competitive salary.
• SI, HI, UI (Social insurance (SI) contributions · Health insurance (HI) contributions · Unemployment insurance (UI))
• Health & Accident Insurance package of Bao Viet Company.
• Annual leave days.
• Tuition fee discount for employees’ children.
• English Course for employees.
• Company trip, employee’s activities & year-end party.
• Adapt & find the balance between strategic planning & teacher quality control execution in centers
• Regular operation hours can be between 10:00 to 19:00 on weekdays & weekend Saturday from 08:00 to 17:00
• Ready to adapt with flexible management schedule requested
• Regular day off on Monday & Tuesday