|at WASHINGTON ENGLISH CENTER (view profile)|
|Nationality of teacher:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, South African|
|Teaching Experience||0 - 1 year|
|Candidate Requirements||Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, TEFL certification, CELTA, Online Class: 120 hours certificate or more|
|Where is the school located:||Hà Nội, Hưng Yên|
|Salary:||1600 USD and up|
We are looking for dedicated and passionate teachers joining our native speaker teaching team to continue carrying out our successful and exciting public schools partnership program.
Our partnership program has been running for ten years and we are currently recruiting teachers for the 2020 - 2021 academic school year (September 2019 to May 2020). Teachers will be assigned to teach at different public schools partnership program in Hanoi. Students are from the age of 6 to 17 years old representing primary students (grades 1 to 5), middle school students (grades 6 to 9), and high school students (grades 10 to 12). Teachers are placed to teach at one of the three grade school levels depending on qualifications and preferences.
Although class size varies from 35 to 45 students, there always is a teacher assistant who in most case is the English teacher from the partner schools. General working hour is Monday to Friday during school hour from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m or Monday to Saturday mornings only from 7:30 a.m. to 11:55 a.m. Teachers are not required to remain at school unless there are classes.
Teaching materials and syllabus are provided. Teachers have access to supplementary textbooks which minimize planning to only 4-6 lesson plans in a week of teaching 20-25 classes. Our teaching schedule is very consistent. Once our teachers are placed to a school, our teachers are welcomed to be part of the school and teach students at the school for the entire school year.
Please take the time to read over the details below of the position and email us with your application. Thank you for your time and we look forward to speaking with you.
A short video highlighting our partnership program in the 2018-2019 academic year:
- English speakers from America, Australia, South Africa, Canada, and the UK
- Relevant College Degree (3 years and up)
- CELTA or TESOL certificate or other teaching equivalency
- At least 1 year of teaching experience
- A clean Police Clearance Check
- High level of in class Energy
- Enthusiastic about teaching ESL
- A professional attitude and appearance
- Able to teach in a Language Center and Partner School classroom
- Able to produce a Neutral Accent during lessons
Details of Position:
- 000 – 550.000 VND per hour based on experience and qualifications
- Completion Bonus
- Company private health insurance policy
- Guarantee a minimum of 60 hours teaching month. Average teaching is 75 to 85 hours a month. Expected salary ranges from 1,600 USD to 2,000 USD per month (after tax)
- Consistent Monday to Friday schedule or Monday to Saturday mornings schedule
- No deduction is taken from monthly salary.
- Setup of a local bank account
- Receiving training to improve teaching skills
- Teaching the provided syllabus using ESL methods
- Creating and administering engaging speaking activities
- Administering mid-term and final tests
- Participating in mandatory training workshops and meetings
- Attending special school events
- In certain circumstances, working or covering at the English center
- Regular communication with our office
- Teacher’s package includes information, curriculum, and teaching materials
- Approachable and friendly working environment
- Position start dates from the beginning of September 2020 to May 2021
- Washington English Center is a moderately sized language center located in Hanoi celebrating our eleventh year of operation. Our English center is part of the Education and Training Consultation Group (ETC) that has been providing education services to Vietnamese students for the past 23 years.
Method of Application:
- Please email your CV, current Photo, and Cover letter to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line of “Your Name Full-Time ESL teaching position” or directly through this job post. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Washington Language Center Hiring Team