|at Little Hands Education (view profile)|
|Nationality of teacher:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand, South African|
|Teaching Experience||> 2 years|
|Candidate Requirements||Bachelor's Degree, TEFL certification, CELTA|
|Where is the school located:||TP HCM|
|Salary:||$2000 - $2200 for Full-time, $22-24/h for Part-time|
We are looking for skilled & passionate Kindergarten Teacher works at Phu Nhuan District, Ho Chi Minh City.
School name: Little Hands Montessori Kindergarten
Address: 21A Nguyen Van Troi Street, Ward 12, Phu Nhuan District
For Full-time teacher
- Teach to the following students 5 days per week in accordance with the schedule – Monday to Friday: 4-6-year-old children
- Make the lesson plan to reach the Student Learning Objectives. Plan and conduct
activities related to STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) for a
balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students
with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate. Organize and lead activities
designed to promote physical, mental, and social development such as games, arts
and crafts, music, and storytelling.
- Submit the lesson plans on the 20th every month based on the monthly themes.
- Submit the materials list needed before the class start at least 5 days. (Ex: the
materials that teacher want to use for class next week must be submitted by
Wednesday this week.). With materials list, TA can help teacher prepare what you
need for lesson.
- Monitor and maintain a positive classroom environment that supports the school wide
behavior expectation in which most students are engaged, incorporates mutual respect
and provides cooperative learning opportunities
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order
to prevent injuries and damage.
- Provide supervision during lunch and recess periods
- Help children with organization, problem solving, and conflict resolution to support
- Compulsorily participate outdoor activities with students
- Instruct students individually and in groups, adapting teaching methods to meet
student's varying needs and interests.
- Contact with Vietnamese TA and Nurse/Principle in case student feel sick/ or
incident. Bring him/her to the Nurse Room.
- Do weekly report on Apps about what you guided students all the week. By
uploading photo/video that you/TA took/recorded and tagging student’s name &
learning areas, and comments about activities that student experienced, parents can
understand their child’s development. The weekly report should be done by 12am
- Arrange time for short test before doing report at the end of term. Termly report must
be submitted at least 7 days before meeting with parents.
- Assimilate arriving children to the school environment by warm greeting.
- Collaborate with other teachers and administrators in the development, evaluation, and
revision of kindergarten programs.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate relationships with students, parents, staff, and
community members by communicating in a tactful, courteous, and confidential manner.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and extra-curricular/school related activities
For Part-time Teacher:
- Guide the children in the class, prepare the environment and materials, write children's progress reports, lead parent teacher conferences, work with and supervise a teacher assistant.
- Support school when we have events, festivals, orientation day.
- Make lesson plan based on hands-on activities and phonics.
- Weekly report (online)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- TESOL or CELTA Certificate
- Ability to lesson plan and prepare lessons appropriate for children aged 3-6 years.
- Ability to follow the school-based ESL program and curriculum.
- Strong organizational and lesson planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with children and teachers.
- Strong classroom management skills
- A love of children and a keen interest in
- working with and teaching young children 2.5-6 years.
- Patient and respectful towards children.
- Confident in teaching English and singing
- Punctual and good management of time.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Responsible and responsive to school leadership and management.
- At least 2 years of teaching experience of English to children 15 months-6 years at an international or bilingual school, or an early childhood or daycare center.
- Experience teaching phonics and pronunciation to young children e.g. Oxford Phonics.
Salary : US $2000 - $2200 for Full-time and $22-24/hour for Part-time
1. At least 1 year commitment. Contract can be extended if the employee would like to remain at school longer.
2. Working hours: 7:30-17h for Full-time and 14:15-16h for Part-time
from Monday to Friday
Willing to participate in events at school (mostly in weekend) (with payment)
3. Monthly Salary and if candidates sign further contract, more allowance and benefit would be awarded.
4. Montessori Method Training provided (if needed)
5. Team building & school trip.
6. Free lunch at school.
7. Other benefit.
Class Size: about 20~25 students (with 3 assistants)
Age of Students: 2.5-5 years-old
How to apply
- A cover letter describing your interest in the position with overview of your background and experience with children and a current resume with a recent photo.
- A copy of your passport (with photo page)
Job Type: Part-time and Full-time