|at The Olympia Schools (view profile)|
Secondary / High School English Teaching
Communication / General English
|Are you willing to accept and support qualified teachers currently outside of Vietnam?||Yes|
|Nationality of candidate:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand, South African|
|Experience||> 2 years|
|Candidate Requirements||Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, Advanced Graduate work or Ph.D|
|Where is the employer located:||Hà Nội|
|Salary:||Starting from USD 2,300 net/month depending on your qualifications and amount of relevant experience; Free breakfast and lunch|
Founded in 2007, The Olympia Schools is a comprehensive educational system established as an extension of the Dream House Educational System (since 2003), The Olympia Schools System, located in Trung Van New Urban Area, South Tu Liem, Ha Noi, is comprised of Olympia High School, Olympia Middle School, Olympia Primary School and Olympia Kindergarten. These three private schools serve the unique needs of families in Hanoi who are in search of a high-quality, international-standard education for their children in grades K-12.
Olympia’s educational philosophy is based on progressive ideologies, consistent with the liberal education philosophy: Enlightenment, Humanism, Life Orientation. We model ourselves as a School of the Future, preparing the next generations to thrive in a changing world and work towards sustainable development. Olympia creates a challenging experiential learning environment that motivates all students to grow their characters and competencies, so that they can co-create the future in a new world.
We are seeking motivated and passionate candidates to teach General Science in our Middle School division in the school year 2021-2022. The position is open for an interview and subsequent demo session as soon as possible.
You can take a glance at our school via this short clip.
1. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Working hours: 7:45 AM to 4:45 PM, Monday to Friday (1-hour lunch break)
- 20 hours of teaching/week
- 20 hours of planning, marking & administration
- 10 weekend days per school year (for school trainings, events and team meetings)
Paid Time Off:
- Winter holiday
- Tet (Lunar New Year) holiday
- National holidays
- Sick days
- Competitive salary (starting from USD 2,300 net/month depending on your qualifications and amount of relevant experience)
- Professional Development opportunities
- Health insurance
- Continuity bonus
- Free breakfast and lunch
2. JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Middle School ESL: Grade 5 to Grade 8
As a Teacher at our school, you will be joining a supportive, welcoming and successful team, with excellent outcomes. The key duties of this role will include:
- Preparing curriculum, lesson plans, and teaching materials for class instruction and activities, updating and managing information on the school digital platform(s);
- Teaching students according to the requirements of the school’s curriculum;
- Effectively implementing and adapting teaching methods, learning strategies and instructional materials to meet the needs and interests of student, including those who need extra support;
- Conducting assessments of student attainment, monitoring their academic progress, and providing pertinent feedback;
- Establishing classroom expectations, observing and evaluating student performance, promoting and developing students’ academic, personal, and social development in and beyond the classroom;
- Working with teachers, parents/guardians to discuss student’s progress and to support them in any issues, both behavioral or academic ones;
- Attending faculty meetings, professional development trainings, school events, and any other job related assignments.
- A University Degree in Education, PGCE and similar degrees/authorized teaching certificates
- Extensive background knowledge, skills and experience in teaching relevant disciplines
- 3+ years of teaching experience
- Willing to commit to a 1-year full-time contract
4. HOW TO APPLY
Please send in your full application including an updated resume, scans/pictures of all relevant documents/certifications, 2 professional reference contacts (ideally your line manager), and a copy of your passport (photo page) and current visa/residency card. Kindly specify the position you wish to apply in the subject.
Deadline for applications: 15 August 2022, or until the post is filled.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.