|at Indochina International Education Group (view profile)|
Teach Primary School
|Nationality of teacher:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand, South African, Filipino, Other|
|Teaching Experience||> 2 years|
|Candidate Requirements||Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, TEFL certification, CELTA|
|Where is the school located:||TP HCM|
- To develop students' interest, abilities, talents and skills for artistic expression and creativity in the visual arts, as well as aesthetic understanding and appreciation by implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; developing lesson plans; modeling the necessary skills to performing assigned tasks; providing a safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc
- Develops and administers school art curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for art instruction.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in art, including crafts, drawing, painting, lettering, design, commercial art, art history, and three-dimensional art to secondary pupils, following the course of study adopted by the Board of Education, and other appropriate learning activities.
- Provides instruction by which pupils develop aesthetic concepts and appreciation and the ability to make qualitative judgments about art, art appreciation and what constitutes art.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student skills and learning in artistic techniques and expression, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Demonstrates techniques in activities such as drawing, painting, and modeling, using standard and teacher-prepared instructional aids.
- Develops instructional plans and organizes class time to provide a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and working time.
- Instructs pupils in proper care and use of tools and equipment used in art classes.
- Evaluates each pupil's performance and growth in knowledge and aesthetic understandings, and prepares progress reports.
- Plans and presents art displays and exhibitions designed to exhibit pupils' work for the school and the community. May sponsor exhibits from outside.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other school professional staff members, especially within grade level, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, art materials, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
- Knowledge of art curriculum and concepts.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
** Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Work in standard office and school building environments.
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Training/coursework from an accredited alternative programin education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade level and/or subject is a plus.
Knowledge of current art instructional teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning styles.
4. Working time/address:
- Working time: 7:30 AM to 17:00 (lunch break: 11:30-13:00)
- Working Address: 43 Nguyen Thong, Ward 7, District 3, Hochiminh city
- Annual leave : 20 days (Vietnamese Public Holidays are not included)
- Christmas Holiday : 2 days
- New Year Holiday: 3 days
- Premium Health-Care Insurance
- Lunch is covered.