Primary English Teaching
Secondary / High School English Teaching
|Are you willing to accept and support qualified teachers currently outside of Vietnam?
|Nationality of candidate:
|American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand, South African, European, Filipino, Other
|1 - 2 years
|Where is the employer located:
|VND 45,000,000 to VND 70,000,000
|Type of institution
About Nguyen Sieu – A Proud Vietnamese School
Nguyen Sieu School, located at Mac Thai To Street in Cau Giay District, is a selective entry school. The school wishes to live by its vision, that is, to become a premier bilingual school that offers world-class education while upholding traditional Vietnamese values.
In 2023, Nguyen Sieu School is proud to be the first school in Vietnam joining a global community of world-class schools adopted the ‘High Performance Learning’ (HPL) philosophy. The HPL philosophy is that all students can be high performers, and we teach with this expectation at the forefront of our minds. We believe that all students can achieve, with practice and perseverance, and students are regularly reminded of this message. Using the HPL framework, which is based on the latest research in neuroscience and psychology, we systematically build the skills and behaviours that are proven to lead a young person to thrive in school and beyond.
As a Cambridge international school network member since 2013, the school delivers an integrated curriculum between Cambridge International and Vietnamese National Programs. Our IGCSE and A-Level results consistently stand above the global average. Nguyen Sieu students are among the high achievers and top performers in IGCSE, AS, and A-Level exams. Nguyen Sieu School is also a Study Center of NCUK, delivering the NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY) as an alternative pathway to universities.
Our school has set out to prioritise the support of aspiring teachers to secure precise qualifications and competencies for school teaching through our network of current qualified teachers and trained in-school mentors. In 2023, Nguyen Sieu becomes a Teacher Development Hub School of TES Institute (Times Educational Supplement), serving as an authorised placement site for practice teaching as part of the iPGCE and MA programmes offered by the University of East London (UEL).
About the role
Nguyen Sieu School is looking for enthusiastic teachers with evidence-informed teaching to join our fantastic teaching teams in the Academic Year, 2024-2025.
- Subject to the Teacher’s specialism, the Teacher will be assigned to teach ESL, which follows the relevant Cambridge International Curriculum Framework, or Academic English, Academic Writing & Research, or SAT/IELTS Preparation, which follows the School’s in-house curriculum.
Whilst this position is full-time for the next academic year, the school may offer another arrangement for the preferred candidate, should this be desired.
- A university degree and appropriate teaching qualifications (CELTA/PGCE equivalent);
- A sound subject knowledge in relevant fields and a good understanding of the Cambridge International Curriculum;
- The capacity to be a proactive member of a professional learning community and a sound commitment to contribute to the school’s journey to achieving the HPL school award and world-class school accreditation;
- Relevant teaching experience with a proven record of teaching effectiveness;
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills to cope with high workload;
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills to engage positively with colleagues, students and parents for educational impact;
- Excellent classroom management that creates supportive and safe environments, including managing challenging student behaviours and meeting a variety of learning needs;
- An excellent understanding of a variety of assessment and reporting strategies and the need to provide effective and timely feedback to parents and students.
- Work hours: 40 hours per week (plus 1 hour per day for lunch), normally to be worked between 7.30 am and 4.30 pm, Monday through Friday. Occasionally, the Teacher will be required to work during weekends.
- Standard contact hours: A maximum of 80 contact hours per month. Contact hours include teaching, learning support provision, and coaching/mentoring students, as assigned by the Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
Besides teaching duties, all teachers are expected to use their standard working hours for lesson/resource preparation, assessment work (including feedback, grading/marking and reporting), curriculum/course/programme development, and supervision duties. Teachers are also required to complete other complementary duties as per requests from the School. Such work may include learning support provision, coaching/mentoring students in their student-led clubs and local/international competitions/contests, involvement in extra-curricular activities, attendance at staff meetings, parent-teacher events, school functions and professional development/training sessions.
- Attractive competency-based pay (after tax), ranging from
- VND 45,000,000 to VND 70,000,000
- Sick leave and annual paid leave, including a 2-week holiday during Christmas and New Year
- Premium Medical Insurance with Bao Viet
- Tuition discount for dependent children
- End of Service Allowance
- Work permit and visa/residence card support
- CPD programs and initiatives
- Great students and an inclusive working environment.
Safeguarding and Student Welfare
Nguyen Sieu is committed to high safeguarding standards and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and those who work in the school. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references, identity check, qualification verification checks and criminal record check.
Equal employment opportunities
Nguyen Sieu is committed equal opportunities and welcomes applicants from all nationalities and as such we ask that all applicants have the right to work in Vietnam. We strive for a culturally diverse teaching environment where teachers come from over 12 countries, across all 5 continents.
Applicants are required to submit the current resume (including contact details of 3 referees), a scanned copy of relevant degree certificates, and a statement of suitability against the essential criteria as outlined above.
Successful applicants will be short-listed for an interview.