|at Atlantic Education & Training Group (view profile)|
Corporate Business English Training
|Nationality of teacher:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand, South African|
|Where is the school located:||Hà Nội|
Atlantic Group is recruiting an Academic Coordinator for our Five-Star English language centers in Hanoi, Vietnam. Our students are mainly teens and young adults (no kindergarten / primary), studying a combination of general English, academic skills, and IELTS exam preparation.
The Academic Coordinator (AC) will be responsible for the day-to-day academic functioning of Atlantic’s two Five-Star English locations in Hanoi. The AC will work closely with the Director of Studies, who is responsible for the overall academic quality of the programs.
The AC is responsible for:
- Managing and supporting the Five-Star teaching team
- Fostering a culture of professional development
- Assisting with course design and other educational initiatives
- Liaising with operations staff to solve daily issues
- Leading internal and external events
In addition, the AC is expected to teach a small number of hours per week, to maintain familiarity with the classroom setting and our students’ needs.
This is a new position for a growing language center. The ideal candidate will have an eye for problems that need to be solved, an ear for colleagues’ needs, and a head full of ideas for building a great English language center. She or he will also be able to get things done, and will be flexible to adapt to new duties as the center grows.
- CELTA or CertTESOL + minimum 5 years’ teaching experience (Delta / DipTESOL preferred)
- Significant experience of teaching teenagers as well as IELTS preparation courses
- Clean criminal record check from home country and from Vietnam
- Previous experience of leading a teaching team and developing curriculum
- Experience as examiner for IELTS and/or Cambridge YL / Main suite exams (active or lapsed)
- Recognized teacher training experience (eg, tutor for Cambridge / Trinity courses or other recognized courses)
Start date: 1 July (negotiable)
Compensation: above market-rate for an academic coordinator in Hanoi
Benefits: work permit in Vietnam, medical insurance, and end-of-contract bonus
Line manager: Director of Studies
Interested candidates are advised to send their CV, cover letter, and scans of degree and certificates and passport page to email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.