|at Gateway International School (view profile)|
Science, Math and English Teachers
Social Science Teacher
Teach Primary School
|Nationality of teacher:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand, South African|
|Teaching Experience||1 - 2 years|
|Candidate Requirements||Bachelor's Degree|
|Where is the school located:||Hà Nội|
|Salary:||Minimum USD 1,800/month|
Gateway International School (GIS) was founded in 2015. The school currently has a population of 535 students, mostly Vietnamese, grades 1-8. The 2019-2020 school year, the enrollment target is 800 students, grades 1-9. We oﬀer a bilingual curriculum, 45% English and 55% Vietnamese.
Please visit our website at http://gateway.edu.vn/en/ for more information about us.
GIS is looking for a qualified Science Teacher for Grade 3-5. The grade 3-5 science teacher works with the Vietnamese Science department to provide a bilingual science education. Grade 4-5 will follow the FOSS system working alongside the Vietnamese and grade 3 will support the Vietnamese curriculum. The teacher will teach all grade 3-5 classes twice a week. The teacher will collaborate with the middle school science teacher, Vietnamese
Science department and the Academic Board to provide students with a comprehensive science education. The teacher is enthusiastic about science, understands and provides a positive environment for students to develop and grow, highly motivated and committed, with a positive attitude and ability to be flexible.
- Planning, preparing, and delivering lessons to all students in the classes
- Adopting and working towards the implementation of the school development plan
- Assigning work, correcting, and marking work carried out by his/her students
- Assessing, recording, and reporting on the development, progress, attainment, and behavior of one’s students
- Ensure that students comply with the dress code. Keep track of dress code violations.
- Communicating, consulting, and co-operating with other members of the school staff, including those having posts of special responsibility and parents/guardians to ensure the best interest of students
- Communicating with parents about the happenings in the classroom and on campus. Provides parents with information about their child.
- Advising and co-operating with the Head of School, Vice Principals, Lead Teachers, Academic Board, and other teachers in the preparation and development of courses of study, teaching materials, teaching programs, methods of teaching and assessment, and accreditation processes
- Participating in In-Service education and training courses as well as other professional development opportunities
- Maintaining good order and discipline amongst students under one’s care and safeguarding their health and safety at all times
- Participating in staff, group, or other meetings related to the school curriculum or operation, for the better organization and administration of the school
- Participating in school activities and events
- Registering and monitoring the attendance and behavior of students under one’s care
- Reports to the Lead Teacher
- Works with the Science Department
- Any other duties as assigned by leadership
Please email email@example.com with your updated CV, or to ask if you have any question about the school and the position.