|at Gateway International School - Sakura Montessori International School (view profile)|
Administrative & Academic Management
|Nationality of teacher:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand|
|Teaching Experience||> 5 years|
|Candidate Requirements||Bachelor's Degree, TEFL certification, Classroom Classes: 120 hours certificate or more|
|Where is the school located:||Hà Nội|
Gateway International School is currently hiring 01 Middle School Lead Teacher for the school year of 2020-2021.
Gateway aims to provide a quality English program. To ensure this, there needs to be leadership to guide and support teachers. The Middle School Lead Teacher is a leader of the grade 6-9 group, who works with the teachers to provide support and encouragement. Meets with the teachers to discuss areas for growth/improvement and successes. A member of the expat Leadership that works together to improve and maintain a positive school climate and culture. The Lead Teacher is a creative and open-minded, highly motivated and committed, a leader among peers, with a positive attitude and ability to be flexible.
Working hours: from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm (Monday – Friday)
Age range: 12-15 years old
Class size: 20-24
- Ensure that teachers comply with school policy as outlined in the teacher handbook
- Makes sure teachers understand their responsibility to teach the curriculum assigned to each subject. Teachers will also meet with the curriculum specialist.
- Check teacher lesson plans each week (submitted every Sunday night) and ensure teachers have a substitute folder ready
- Make sure teachers adhere to school policy regarding scheduling trips, attending meetings, school attendance, etc.
- Make sure teachers are respectful of Vietnamese colleagues and culture
- Ensure teachers follow school procedures for assemblies, awards, activities, discipline, etc.
- Make sure teachers are prepared for and comply with start-of-year and end-of-year procedures, and ordering stationary process.
- Committed to build and develop programs, and install conﬁdence in students, teachers, and parents.
- Help teachers be accountable and oﬀer assistance and advice
- Encourage positive feedback and suggestions
- Pass on valuable information from the administraon (Vice Principal, Principal, or Head of School) or curriculum specialist
- Encouraged to meet with their teachers as a group each week.
- Encouraged to meet with other lead/head teachers every two weeks.
- Expected to pass along information about the system of operaon and keep teachers in line with the vision and mission of the school
- Help with scheduling playground duty, back to school night, awards ceremonies, and other special events at the school
- Help with discipline and make sure teachers are adhering to policy regarding discipline. If a teacher has exhausted all measures they may call on their lead/head teacher for help, assistance, and advice
- Report and discipline issues or academic issues that they feel the administration may need to be aware of by encouraging and making sure teachers ﬁll in reports or progress reports for students in need
- Comply with the Complaint policy and help teachers to follow the complaint policy
- Provide suggestions for school improvement to the Head of School
- Chosen for academic classroom skills, organizational skills, knowledge of the curriculum and materials in their assigned departments, and their people skills and ability to solve problems using school policies. If you are in doubt consult with the next level of authority before making a decision.
- Other dues assigned by the English Vice Principal and Principal
Salary: commensurate with experience and qualifications (minimum at $USD 2600- after tax)
- Work permit and residency card
- Medical Insurance
- Paid holidays ( Christmas, Summer Vacation, Lunar New Year and other public holidays)
- Holiday bonuses
- Tuition discount for dependant children
- School lunch
Start date: 17th August 2020
Contract duration: Until June/July 2021 ( Contract renewable)
Working location: Khuc Thua Du, Cau Giay, Hanoi.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Education or English Language/Literature
- ESL teaching certificate (TESOL, CELTA, TEFL,..)
- Native English speakers from US, UK, Canada, Newzealand, Australia,...
- Clean criminal records
- A minimum of 5 years' experience at Middle School and a minimum of 2 years' experience as Lead Teacher
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV along with supporting documents including:
- Copy of degree
- Copy of teaching certificate
- Passport and visa pages
- Criminal background checks (from the original country and the country of current residence)
- Letters of recommendation
All the successful applicants will be subject to a background check in accordance with the Safe Guarding and Child Protection Policies
NOTE: ONLY CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE JOB REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONTACTED