Secondary / High School English Teaching
|Are you willing to accept and support qualified teachers currently outside of Vietnam?||No|
|Nationality of candidate:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand, South African|
|Experience||1 - 2 years|
|Candidate Requirements||Bachelor's Degree, PGCE, CELTA, DELTA, Classroom Classes: 120 hours certificate or more|
|Where is the employer located:||TP HCM|
Lawrence S. Ting School (LSTS) is a private, non-profit, co-educational school enrolling students from Grade 6 through Grade 12 following the Vietnamese DOET curriculum with an extended ESL language program. The LSTS school campus is approximately two hectares in size. The school building is 4 floors and has a library, three IT labs, a 400-seat auditorium, four art rooms, six science labs, and two maker labs. Additionally, there is a large outdoor swimming pool, basketball courts, a small football pitch, an indoor gymnasium, a school store and cafeteria. Classrooms are outfitted with A/C, desktop computers, high-speed Internet, white board (front and back of room), HD projector, and plenty of wall space for class decoration.
- Monday to Friday from 7:30 AM-4:30 PM (1.5 hours for lunch)
- Teaching time: 26 periods per week, 40 minutes per period.
- Weekly PLC Meetings for teacher collaboration (horizontal and vertical articulation)
- Monthly PD sessions
- Weekly lesson plans for all classes are required
- First and foremost, you must love to work with young teenagers and enjoy teaching ESL.
- Secondly, you must be a positive, out-going, self-aware, reflective person who likes to teach, work in a team, and is open to learning and sharing knowledge.
- Thirdly, you must be ICT literate know how to use a computer, use the Internet to find teaching resources, use Microsoft Office software, check and respond to email, upload/download resources, etc.
- As for the formalities, only applicants who are native level English speakers will be considered. All applicants must have, at minimum:
+ Bachelor degree in education, or
+ Bachelor degree and English language teaching certification (CELTA, TESOL, TEFL); or
+ Bachelor degree and B. Ed / PGCE in TESOL / TEFL / Applied Linguistics
SALARY AND BENEFIT
- Gross Salary package is started from 33,000 USD per academic year (including 10 months teaching, 1 month orientation, and 1
- Salary offered is dependent on qualifications and verifiable classroom teaching experience
2. Full-time Contract
3. Paid holidays
- 2 weeks for TET Lunar New Year
- All statutory national holidays
- Basic salary during students summer
4. Health Insurance
- Local Health insurance
- Accident insurance
5. Work Permit and Temporary Residence Card
- Once the teacher has provided all requisite documentations for the work permit, the school will process the application for the work permit
- Upon issuance of teacher work permit, the school will process the temporary residence card, which will negate the need for a visa
- The School will reimburse the cost of applying for the required documents needed for Work Permit application such as health check, criminal record, notarization and consular legalization with the actual amount stated in the invoices which are directly regulated and issued by the authorized agencies.
6. Teaching Support & Benefits:
- Teachers will have the same classrooms and classes all year long
- Modern educational facilities
- Robust online teacher platform to track student marks, communicate with students and parents;
- Reflective peer observation program to support teaching team;
- Professional Learning Community (PLC) on a weekly basis for 1.5 hours to collaborate with team members;
- Professional Development once month, which focuses on building teacher efficacy in modern pedagogy