E-visa in Vietnam stands for “Electronic visa” which is a new type of visa that is issued through an electronic transaction system instead of affixed to the passport or issued separately. This visa allows foreigners to enter Vietnam for the purpose of working, visiting relatives, traveling, working, investing… and has the same value as the visa applied directly at the Embassy/Consulate of Vietnam in foreign countries, or the Department of Import and Export Administration.
I. General question:
1. Currently, Vietnam grants E-visas to citizens of which countries?
– Currently, Vietnam is piloting the issuance of e-payments to citizens of 80 countries (from The 79/NQ-CP resolution).
2. How long does it take to process an E-visa in Vietnam?
– The Immigration Department considers, settles and responds to the E-visa issuance at the electronic visa information page within 03 working days from the date of receipt of sufficient information to apply for the E-visa in Vietnam.
3. How long is the E-visa valid?
– E-visa is valid for no more than 30 days, and is valid for one-time entry.
4. What is the minimum period for my passport to be considered for an e-visa?
– According to Vietnamese law, the visa validity is at least 30 days shorter than the passport’s validity. Therefore, when applying for an E-visa, it is necessary to ensure that the E-visa will be issued for a period of at least 30 days shorter than your passport.
5. How do I check E-visa results?
– You need to access the page: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/tra-cuu-ho-so
– Then, you need to enter the following information: electronic profile code, email, and date of birth according to the instructions to check the results.
– The electronic file code needs to be saved to check the results and print the electronic record
– There will be no email reply to you about the result of E-visa issuance.
6. What should I do if I have a problem regarding an e-visa?
You can do it in 2 ways:
– Directly submit your questions in the Support section: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/en_US/lien-he
– Refer to the information in the “Frequently Asked Questions” section of the e-Visa Page.
II. Procedure for issuing an E-visa in Vietnam
1. If I want to stay longer than the duration of the E-visa, what do I need to do?
– After entering the country with E-visa, you can go through agencies, organizations and individuals in Vietnam to be guaranteed to complete procedures for applying for a new visa at the Immigration Department according to regulations at the Immigration Department. Clause 1, Article 16 of the Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam.
2. Can Vietnamese individuals apply for an E-visa for foreigners?
– Individuals are not allowed to apply for E-visa for foreigners. You need to apply directly or through an agency or organization in Vietnam to apply for an E-visa.
3. What are the procedures required for agencies and organizations to invite and guarantee foreigners to enter by e-mail?
Agencies and organizations need to take the following steps:
– Register for an E-visa account according to Form No. 03 and register to use an electronic pen.
– Enter the guest’s information, sign the application with the registered electronic pen and pay the visa fee.
Note: The E-visa code needs to be saved to check the results and print the E-visa.
4. I am a representative of airline X. Can I exploit passenger information using E-visa on my airline’s flight to Vietnam? If yes, how to do?
– You can exploit the information of passengers using E-visa on your airline’s flight to Vietnam. To exploit information, your airline needs to register an electronic account according to Form No. 03, then use the provided account to log in and check the guest’s E-visa information.
III. How to declare for E-visa in Vietnam
1. How do I upload a valid photo?
– Portrait photo: you must post a portrait of yourself, size 4×6, face looking straight, without glasses.
– Photo of passport identity page: you must post a full photo of both the profile page (including photo information, personal information and ICAO line).
2. If my name is too long or has special characters, how do I declare it?
– You need to fill in the correct information such as the ICAO line in the ID page of your passport.
3. Am I required to enter all information in the application form for e-Circulation?
– Have. You must enter all information in the application form as prescribed.
III. E-visa fee:
1. How much is the current E-visa fee?
– Currently, the fee for issuing E-visa is 25 USD.
2. How to pay E-visa fee?
– E-visa issuance fee is paid via bank account. Accordingly, the applicant chooses one of the four payment methods listed on the E-visa issuance information page, then enters the required payment information and selects “Payment” to complete.
3. If I am not approved for issuance or do not use the E-visa in Vietnam, will I get a refund of the E-visa issuance fee?
– No. You will not be refunded the E-visa issuance fee if you are not approved or do not use the E-visa.
IV. Entry and exit by E-visa in Vietnam
1. Which border gates allow the use of electronic visas for entry and exit?
– Electronic visas are used for entry and exit through 33 international border gates. You can visit the e-visa information page to know more about this.
2. When entering by E-visa, do I need to do anything at the border gate?
– You must present a valid passport and a printed copy of your E-visa to the controller at the border gate to be considered for immigration processing.
3. Do I need to enter the country on the date stated in the declaration?
– No. You can enter any day within the period stated on the E-visa.
4. Can I enter the country before or after the expiration of the E-visa?
– No. You are not allowed to enter the country before or after the expiry date stated on the visa.
5. If I have been granted an E-visa but I want to enter earlier than the deadline stated on the E-visa, what should I do?
– You need to apply for a new E-visa to be processed. Once the new E-visa is issued, the old E-visa will no longer be valid.
Hopefully with this article about E-visa in Vietnam, VTJ could give you some help in finding out the most convenient way to enter our country. Stay tuned for more articles about entering Vietnam in the future from us!