|Are you willing to accept and support qualified teachers currently outside of Vietnam?||Yes|
|Nationality of candidate:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand|
|Experience||1 - 2 years|
|Where is the employer located:||Hà Nội|
|Salary:||Competitive, based on experience and qualifications; Visa/work permit sponsored, including spouse and up to 2 dependents|
Elementary English Teaching position at The Dewey Schools Hanoi-Vietnam
The Dewey Schools (TDS) are a division of Edufit, an educational management organization, which operates multiple schools and campuses throughout Vietnam. Edufit is a pioneering education corporation, delivering world-class education, established in Vietnam in 2011.
Edufit declares the possibility of providing innovative and trusted education services to elevate Vietnam. Edufit stands for the values that honor and inspire our students. We strive to deliver our statements of high quality teaching and learning, digital citizenship and global citizenship. We work for the wellbeing of our students, parents and teachers. Edufit is committed to breakthroughs that develop sustainable education, using a business model that makes it all possible, described by the important statements:
- The Dewey Schools’ Mission, Vision, Educational Outcome, Philosophy and Core Values
- Statement on Global citizenship and Digital citizenship
- Statement on High-quality learning and teaching
Our core-values: INTEGRITY , PASSION, GENEROSITY, LIFELONG LEARNING
POSITION TITLE: English Teacher
REPORTS TO: Head of English Program
A Bachelor’s degree in Education or, a degree in English with a Teacher Certification/License or PGCE in Education from U.S.A., Canada, U.K., Australia, Ireland or New Zealand. A Master’s degree in education preferred. Candidates should have at least 1 year full-time professional teaching experience. Experience in student-centered, project-based learning is preferred. Strength of academic background, professional experience, interview performance, and references will be considered during the selection process.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Visa/work permit sponsored, including spouse and up to 2 dependents
• Paid personal leave days and public holidays
• Reimbursed flight ticket and a part of expenses for hotel and meals during quarantine (if any for overseas hires)
• KPI (Key Performance Index) bonuses
• The 11th salary as bonus for completion of 10 working months
• Professional development opportunities
• Ongoing support for new teachers, such as airport pickup, bank assistance, phone set-up, etc.
• Tuition discount for up to 2 children
• -Support the mission and vision of our organization and schools.
• -Be passionate about teaching students.
• -Set high goals for our students and themselves.
• -Work tirelessly to attain these high goals.
• -Have strong knowledge and skills in their content area and in the art of teaching.
• -Be strong analytical and critical thinkers, willing to engage in debate discourse.
• -Be ready to be part of a collaborative team.
• -Be open to receiving coaching and support.
• -Demonstrate initiative, persistence, and resiliency.
• -Be results oriented.
• -Be reflective listeners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PLANNING AND PREPARATION:
• -Demonstrate deep knowledge of the content area, instructional pedagogy and project-based learning.
• -Incorporate knowledge of students’ needs including academic abilities, developmental strengths or challenges, language, and culture into the implementation of instructional activities.
• -Implement interventions, accommodations, and modifications as needed.
• -Set instructional outcomes that are appropriately challenging, clear, sequenced, and aligned vertically and horizontally within and across content.
• -Complete lesson plans based on the innovative, project-based curriculum as per the direction of the Head of English Program.
• -Incorporate a variety of instructional resources into teaching and learning, including materials provided by the school curriculum and outside materials to support enrichment.
• -Implement a project-based, innovative curriculum design based on well-structured units that include purposeful hands-on activities, appropriate materials, and grouping that meets the individual needs of students in the classroom.
• -Use assessment to inform planning and instruction for whole class, small groups, and individual remediation and/or enrichment learning.
• -Develop and maintain strong, respectful, and productive relationships with all members of the school community.
• -Create a student-centered learning environment where the focus of instruction is on the students to be autonomous, independent, and to place the responsibility for learning in their hands.
• -Create a classroom culture that supports respectful teacher-to-student, student-to-student, and student- to-teacher communication.
• -Maintain a classroom that communicates high expectations, the value of content, and the importance of quality student work as demonstrated through the display of quality student work and instruction.
• -Develop and maintain a well-managed and well-organized classroom where there are clear structures, routines, and organization that support safety and learning. -Demonstrate a clearly defined plan for maintaining student behavior that includes clear expectations, on-going monitoring of behavior, and appropriate responses to misbehavior.
• -Maintain a classroom environment that is safe and supports the needs of a variety of learning activities.
• -Deliver student-centered instruction that communicates a clear purpose, process, and is highly engaging for students.
• -Direct spoken and written language toward students that is correct, incorporates new words and concepts to stretch student vocabulary.
• -Actively engage students with high quality questions that emphasize higher order thinking skills while allowing for sufficient wait time.
• -Encourage and engage students in relevant conversations during instruction where students demonstrate leadership and allow for a variety of voices to be -heard.
• Design and implement activities and assignments that cognitively engage students while allowing for adaptation and ownership to meet students’ individual needs.
• -Utilize grouping (mixed-ability or same-ability depending upon the task and focus) to support classroom learning.
• -Actively monitor student understanding and performance within and beyond the classroom to inform planning and instruction.
• -Provide regular feedback to students that is constructive and supports growth and improvement.
• -Develop systems and processes that allow students to self-assess and improve performance on tasks.
• -Demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness to adjust lessons to meet the needs of students while also maintaining persistence in finding effective learning strategies that will support student success.
• -Demonstrate appropriate reflection on the effectiveness of lessons or units to inform future instruction.
• -Maintain accurate records of completion of student assignments, student progress/grades/rubrics, and non- instructional records needed to support teaching and the functioning of the school.
• -Involve students in monitoring, interpreting, and acting on feedback.
• -Communicate with parents or guardians on a regular basis in regard to course expectations, instructional program, and student progress (positive feedback and concerns).
• -Engage parents by getting them involved in the school community or by attending school events.
• -Participate positively in the school community by building strong and productive professional relationships, engaging in a culture of inquiry focused on school or student improvement, providing service to the school, and by participating in school projects and special events.
• -Actively initiate and engage in opportunities to grow professionally including but not limited to participation in professional development, instructional coaching, and feedback from colleagues or administration.
• -Provide service to the profession and fellow teachers by assisting other educators and seeking to contribute to the advancement of the profession.
• -Demonstrate professionalism by conducting oneself with integrity, ethics, provision of service and advocacy for students and families.
• -Participate in team or departmental decision-making by maintaining an open mind and acting in the best interests of students.
• -Comply with campus, school, and district regulations.
• -Refer students that are struggling academically, socially, emotionally, or academically to the school- based intervention team.
• -Complete school-based documentation in a timely manner including but not limited to interim reports, report cards, student logs, incident reports, etc.
• -Provide supervision for students at all assigned times during the school day.
• -Accept responsibility for the completion of a minimum of one additional duty and an advisory course.
• -Any additional duties assigned at the discretion of their supervisor.