|at E-Space International (ESI) (view profile)|
|Are you willing to accept and support teachers outside for their application? (Due to COVID-19 pandemic)||Yes|
|Nationality of teacher:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand, South African, Filipino|
|Teaching Experience||> 2 years|
|Candidate Requirements||Associate's Degree, Bachelor's Degree, TEFL certification, CELTA, DELTA|
|Where is the school located:||Quảng Trị|
*Intro written by a fellow teacher!*
Come check out Dong Ha to save some money, get a rich cultural experience and explore the hidden treasures of central Vietnam.
Unique English teaching opportunity available 1hr north of Hue in quiet and friendly Dong Ha City. 20-25 hours per week teaching time. Pay is $13 to $17 per hour - depending on experience.
** Accommodation in very nice house provided ** - shared with two other teachers. There is a large park with a lake just across the road for exercise, fishing, or just lazily reading a book on a sunny afternoon.
- You'll be provided you with a strong motorbike - and you can get great use of it here exploring the surrounding beaches and mountains of Quang Tri province and beyond.
- There are some ridiculously beautiful drives that take just 90 minutes from the door. All kinds of opportunities for exploration and camping. This place has it all - from quiet windswept beaches, to remote mountain river valleys with native hill tribe villages all around - super cool stuff!
- Dong Ha is a small town, but not without amenities. There are some swimming pools, gyms, etc and lots of nice local Vietnamese restaurants. There is even a bit of nightlife and a pizza place which is actually decent :)
- Overall you'll find Dong Ha to be very clean, quiet and friendly. It definitely has a more charming feel and slower pace of life than larger cities in Vietnam. There is no such thing as a traffic jam here!
- There's also a train station about 5 minutes from the house for easy weekend getaways to Hue, Da Nang, and beyond...
- The pay isn't as much as you may be offered in a place like Saigon, but considering your housing and transportation are covered, and it is CHEAP to live here otherwise, you can easily save a decent amount in a few short months.
- Teaching hours are predictable and you'll find the students here very eager to learn and extremely well behaved.
*** Overall this job would be a perfect fit for a teacher looking for to see a different side of Vietnam and experience some culture in a relaxed smaller town***
See more details on this job opportunity and how to get in touch below.
Number of teachers required: 2 (TWO)
Start date: Available 30 September, 2020
Position: Full-time or Part-time
- Must be a native English speakers from UK, America, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, South Africa, Philippines
- Bachelor Degree or higher
- A CELTA, TESOL or equivalent TEFL teaching certificate
- Three year ESL experience (as required for work permit application)
- A clear home country police clearance check
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Committed: work for a minimum length of 6 months
- Experienced: various approached to ESL teaching for young and adult learners
- Self sufficient: ability to manage oneself in a new cultural environment
- Culturally sensitive: desire to interact with Vietnamese staff and teachers
- Flexible: Willingness to adapt
Roles and Responsibilities:
- 20-25 teaching hours a week
- Teaching the provided syllabuses
- Participating in extra-curricular activities organised by the school
- Assisting in developing curricula and teaching and testing materials for courses and activities within the school
- Other academic responsibilities
Benefits and Remuneration:
- Accommodation and means of transportation provided
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunities to join professional networks and make friends with the friendly locals
- Opportunities to enjoy free travel within the schedule organised by the school
- Work in a friendly and professional working environment, international standard teaching and learning facilities with overseas-qualified staff members
- Opportunities to explore remarkable World Heritage sites within 100 kilometer distance.
Remuneration: Pay range is between USD 13 and 17 per hour based on qualifications, experience and performance.
Holidays: Holidays are regulated as per government regulations. One day off per week is available. Other options can be discussed.