|at American Town (view profile)|
|Nationality of teacher:||Vietnamese|
|Teaching Experience||1 - 2 years|
|Where is the school located:||TP HCM|
|Salary:||12 mil. - 15 mil. VND per month|
Position title: English Teacher for AMERICAN TOWN
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Duration: full time, 7 hours per day
English Teacher should be well-grounded in classroom management and school procedures. English teacher should have appropriate vocabularies, with a firm grasp of word pronunciation and spelling and the ability to effortlessly break words down phonetically. English teacher is expected to have a strong command of grammar and sentence structure rules, with a systematic and consistent approach to enforcing them. Grammar guidelines often require a repetitious approach, with a teaching style that balances classroom participation against the needs of individual students if they fall behind.
- planning, preparing and delivering lessons
- preparing teaching materials
- helping students improve their listening, speaking, reading and writing skills via individual and group sessions
- checking and assessing student's work
- attending social events
- preparing coursework and assignments for classes
- grade tests, essays and reports, and other writing assignments
- meet with colleagues and school management to coordinate lesson plans and work with specific subjects of expertise
- holding one-on-one sessions with students to keep them on track as necessary
- meet with parents or guardians to discuss students’ academic progress, remedial issues and behavior problems when necessary
- Communication Skills: You must be able to speak clearly to students, other teachers, parents and administration officials.
- Instruction Skills: You will have to explain new ideas and unfamiliar concepts with authority and in a clear and concise way so that students can understand. You must work to keep the students' attention
- Writing Skills: Teachers write progress reports, notes home, and in the case of post-secondary teachers, publish research. Writing skills are critical.
- Patience: The students you work with will have different backgrounds and abilities. Patience will help teachers deal with students who act out or have trouble following the material.
- Creativity: Teachers have to find ways to involve students into their lessons. Additionally, teachers may have to work with different learning styles to get the most out of each student.
- People Skills: Engaging parents and creating healthy relationships with students and school will help create a quality learning
End of December 2018