|at Nguyen Sieu School (view profile)|
Math / Science Teaching
Primary English Teaching
|Are you willing to accept and support qualified teachers currently outside of Vietnam?||Yes|
|Nationality of candidate:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand, South African, European, Filipino, Other|
|Experience||1 - 2 years|
|Candidate Requirements||Bachelor's Degree|
|Where is the employer located:||Hà Nội|
|Job City||Cầu Giấy|
|Salary:||Competitive; Summer payment; Work permit and visa/residence card support|
About Nguyen Sieu – A Proud Vietnamese School
Nguyen Sieu School, located at Mac Thai To Street in Cau Giay District, is a selective entry school in Hanoi. The school delivers an integrated curriculum between Cambridge International and Vietnamese National Programs. Our IGCSE and A-Level results consistently stand above the global average and Nguyen Sieu students are among the high achievers and top performers in IGCSE, AS, and A-Level exams.
The school wishes to live by its vision, that is, to become a premier bilingual school in Vietnam that offers world-class education while upholding traditional Vietnamese values. At the heart of our educational program is a core commitment to ensuring that our students are well equipped to take their place in an increasingly inter-connected and globalised world.
Current positions available:
As a growing school, Nguyen Sieu School is currently seeking dedicated and experienced Primary Teachers
Key Responsibilities (included, but not limited to):
• Plan, Prepare & Teach Science/ Math/ English following the relevant Cambridge International Curriculum Framework & learning outcomes.
• Develop teaching resources and materials for differentiation to meet the varied individual needs of learners.
• Develop a positive, inclusive, and active classroom atmosphere with fair & clear standards and expectations.
• Devise and conduct regular formative and summative assessment in line with the school exam calendar.
• Providing clear and consistent student feedback.
• Working to build a collaborative and communicative relationship with co-teachers, learning support officers, homeroom teachers and parents to ensure all students are adequately supported.
• Conferring with teachers, parents, or guardians to discuss student progress and to address behavioral or academic issues.
• Attending meetings and school events.
• Providing support for extracurricular activities and school festivals when/if required.
• Participate in an annual appraisal process, which includes feedback from students.
• Actively seek and be involved in opportunities for your own professional learning.
• Fulfilling general professional & administrative duties.
Key selection criteria: Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Recognized Bachelor degree (or higher) in Education, OR a recognized Bachelor degree in relevant majors
• Recognized teaching qualification/license
• CELTA/ TESOL/TEFL
• English proficiency certificate (at least C1 Level for non - native teachers)
• Proficiency in use of technology for teaching, learning and assessment
• Experience in teaching Science to secondary and high school students is desirable.
• Experience with Cambridge programs and the ability to teach across two subjects would be advantageous
Key selection criteria: Personal Attributes
• Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with staff, students, and parents from diverse backgrounds.
• A high degree of professional judgement and confidentiality.
• Superior organisational ability with demonstrated self-motivation and initiative in goal setting, prioritising work and managing multiple tasks.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to listen and communicate effectively across all areas and levels of a school community.
• Well-developed problem-solving skills and proven experience in creating solutions.
• Well-developed verbal and written communication skills when communicating in English.
Safeguarding and Student Welfare
Nguyen Sieu is committed to high safeguarding standards and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and those who work in the school. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references, identity check, qualification verification checks and criminal record check.
Equal employment opportunities
Nguyen Sieu is committed equal opportunities and welcomes applicants from all nationalities and as such we ask that all applicants have the right to work in Vietnam. We strive for a culturally diverse teaching environment where teachers come from over 12 countries, across all 5 continents. We also work to ensure that people are not unjustifiably discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, gender, religion or belief, sexual orientation or any other grounds.
Other Specific Details of the Role:
• Working hours: 8h00 to 16h30, Monday to Friday
• You will teach a max of 20 contact hours per week
• Great students and an inclusive working environment
• A competitive base salary
• Annual paid leave, sick leave, and Christmas leave
• Private Insurance and social insurance
• Summer payment
• Work permit and visa/residence card support
• Tuition discount for dependent children
• Generous non-contact time for planning, preparation, and professional growth
• Chance to take part in CPD to gain further teaching qualifications. Many of our teachers are promoted internally each year.