Primary English Teaching
|Are you willing to accept and support qualified teachers currently outside of Vietnam?
|How many positions do you need to fill?
|Nationality of candidate:
|Any Nationality, American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand, South African, European, Filipino, Other
|0 - 1 year
|Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, PGCE, Less than 100 hours on my TEFL/TESOL certification
|Where is the employer located:
|VND 50,000,000 to VND 80,000,000; Work permit and visa/residence card support
|Type of institution
About the role
Nguyen Sieu School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic TEACHER with evidence-informed teaching to join our fantastic PRIMARY School in the Academic Year, 2023-2024.
• The Teacher will teach a combination of subjects which follows the relevant Cambridge International Primary Curriculum Framework.
Whilst this position is full-time for the next academic year, the school may offer another arrangement for the preferred candidate, should this be desired.
• A university degree and appropriate teaching qualifications (PGCE equivalent);
• A sound subject knowledge in relevant fields and a good understanding of the Cambridge International Curriculum;
• Relevant teaching experience with a proven record of teaching effectiveness;
• Excellent planning and implementation of teaching programs that provide for differentiation;
• Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills to engage positively with colleagues, students and parents for educational impact;
• Excellent classroom management and organisational skills that create supportive and safe environments, including managing challenging student behaviours and meeting a variety of learning needs;
• An excellent understanding of a variety of assessment and reporting strategies and the need to provide effective and timely feedback to parents and students;
• The capacity to be a proactive member of a professional learning community and a sound commitment to contribute to the school’s community life.
• Work hours: 40 hours per week (plus 1 hour per day for lunch), normally to be worked between 7.30 am and 4.30 pm, Monday through Friday. Occasionally, the Teacher will be required to work during weekends.
• Standard contact hours: A maximum of 80 contact hours per month. Contact hours include teaching, learning support provision, and coaching/mentoring students, as assigned by the Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
Besides teaching duties, all teachers are expected to use their standard working hours for lesson/resource preparation, assessment work (including feedback, grading/marking and reporting), curriculum/course/programme development, and supervision duties. Teachers are also required to complete other complementary duties as per requests from the School. Such work may include learning support provision, coaching/mentoring students in their student-led clubs and local/international competitions/contests, involvement in extra-curricular activities, attendance at staff meetings, parent-teacher events, school functions and professional development/training sessions.
• Attractive competency-based pay (after tax), ranging from VND 50,000,000 to VND 80,000,000
• Sick leave and annual paid leave, including holiday during Christmas and New Year
• Tuition discount for dependent children
• End of Service Allowance
• Work permit and visa/residence card support
• CPD programs and initiatives
• Great students and an inclusive working environment.
• Expense paid for work permit issuance
The school is responsible for bearing all the incurred expenses (to apply for teacher’s work permit) when dealing with concerning state agencies, i.e. the Department of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs.
Teacher is responsible for paying themselves all the expenses related to the preparation of required documents.
• Expense paid for visa issuance
The School is responsible for bearing all the incurred expenses for visa extension within 1 or 2 years from the date of work permit issuance.
Teacher is responsible for paying themselves all the expenses related to conversion form a tourist visa to business visa (if the current visa type is tourist visa) such as airfare and associated cost, visa extension costs, ect until the teacher’s work permit is issued.
Safeguarding and Student Welfare
Nguyen Sieu is committed to high safeguarding standards and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and those who work in the school. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references, identity check, qualification verification checks and criminal record check.
Equal employment opportunities
Nguyen Sieu is committed equal opportunities and welcomes applicants from all nationalities and as such we ask that all applicants have the right to work in Vietnam. We strive for a culturally diverse teaching environment where teachers come from over 12 countries, across all 5 continents.