|at British University Vietnam (view profile)|
|Are you willing to accept and support qualified teachers currently outside of Vietnam?||No|
|Nationality of candidate:||Any Nationality|
|Experience||1 - 2 years|
|Where is the employer located:||Hưng Yên|
|Salary:||Competitive hourly rate depending on qualifications/experience; Support and assistance in work permit and visa application; Onsite Fitness and Sports Centre|
|Type of institution||International School|
BRITISH UNIVERSITY VIETNAM (BUV)
British University Vietnam (BUV) is the first and only international university in Vietnam to directly award British degrees from the prestigious University of London and Staffordshire University. BUV is rated a 5 Star university of excellence by the world-recognised QS accreditor and is also recognised with a university-wide accreditation from the UK’s Quality Assurance Agency (QAA).
BUV has three main brand drivers:
- Offering accredited British and international higher education and training in Vietnam.
- Providing 5-star university campuses, learning spaces, and services.
- Including a compulsory personal and social growth program that prepares students for the future of life and work.
Established in 2009, BUV provides teaching for undergraduate and graduate programmes. Employability rates for students are exceptionally high with 100% of graduates from BUV either employed or continuing higher education within 3 months after graduation.
With a wide network of more than 300 enterprise partners in various fields and 12-week internship programmes, BUV helps students gain professional knowledge and practical skills to meet employers’ requirements as well as be ready to develop their careers immediately after graduation.
Students study at BUV’s award-winning campus in the Ecopark Township near Hanoi. With its state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities and iconic design, BUV is recognised as one of the best educational environments in Southeast Asia.
BUV’S English Department is excited to be launching a new part-time IELTS Programme in February 2024. The Head of English is seeking experienced and qualified part-time English language teachers to join the team. Each student cohort will be provided with 10 hours per week, over a 10-week period per level, as distributed below:
2 hours, weekday evening, face-to-face at a location in Hanoi.
2 hours online, weekday evening.
6 hours, weekend, on a Saturday or Sunday at our BUV campus.
Applicants are welcome from teachers who would like to teach either one or two groups (a Saturday or Sunday, or both) and contracts will be offered on a 10-week basis, with the possibility to extend.
Class size: Maximum 18 students per class
COMPETENCIES (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred)
- A recognised international qualification in teaching English as a foreign/second/further language (such as CELTA, Trinity Cert TESOL or equivalent.)
- Effective communication skills.
- Cultural awareness.Extensive
- Experience of teaching IELTS.
- Experience of teaching IELTS to Vietnamese students
- Right to work in Vietnam and meet work permit requirements.
Please note that original certificates and degrees will be required on arrival in Vietnam (degree and teaching certificates; CRB or other police checks) are required for work permit purposes.
- Competitive hourly rate depending on qualifications/experience
- Support and assistance in work permit and visa application
- Various staff events throughout the year (year-end party, sports activities and other events)
- Onsite Fitness and Sports Centre
- Opportunity to work within a professional and multicultural environment.