|at Gateway International School (view profile)|
Administrative & Academic Management
|Nationality of teacher:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand|
|Teaching Experience||> 5 years|
|Candidate Requirements||Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, CELTA, Master Degree in TESOL (or equivalent)|
|Where is the school located:||Hà Nội|
Gateway International School is looking for an expertise for our Senior role as Head of English Program based in Hanoi, starting immediately.
Purposes of the Position
- Design, develop, and organize to comprehensively and consistently implement English programs in Gateway system in order to meet the objectives, mission, and vision of Gateway, meet the needs of students, and encourage their participation and advancement of all students in entire system.
- Provide students in Gateway with English curricula which are challenging, impulsive to world citizens, respectful to cultures, responding to students’ needs on academic, social, physical and spiritual aspects; thus, fostering the development of skills, personalities, and competencies of each student.
- Design and develop Gateway’s English programs:
- Study, design, and develop English curriculum and teaching methods that meet the requirements and orientation of curriculum development of Gateway system;
- Establish the Syllabus for English-medium subjects;
- Design handouts and tests for the subjects. Draft teachers’ guidelines for curriculum implementation;
- Review and adjust the syllabus basing on implementation.
- Construct, teach and monitor the implementation, evaluation and adjustment of activities for the English programs.
- Build up a list of major documents, texts, tools, learning supplies, list of library entries, etc., for the English programs.
- Orient, instruct and monitor the implementation, evaluation and adjustment of additional educational activities, learning projects, international partnerships.
- Enrich teaching contents with international educational practices, integrated knowledge of different cultures in order to equip students with more knowledge and skills to develop their global leadership and understandings.
- Design extra curricula/after-school programs which are various in options, effective to implement and meet students’ needs and Gateway orientation, contributing to improvement of teaching quality at schools under the system.
- Regularly and systematically supervise and evaluate curricula based on a specific plan, utilize and reflect evaluation results to develop curricula based on students’ needs.
- Professional development for Gateway teachers:
- Construct the teachers’ recruitment criteria for the English programs.
- Provide support to expat teacher recruitment procedures including interview, assessment on candidates’ experience, expertise and professional competencies
- Organise the training programs, talks, workshops to support the professional development of both Vietnamese and expat teachers;
- Observe teachers to ensure the quality at Gateway.
- Manage and monitor the participation of pupils in exams and contests in accordance with the school’s plan.
- Ensure the learning quality of the ESL program.
- Organise and participate in conferences introducing parents to the programs, approaches and methods of learning as well as to orientate them to co-educate children at home and at school;
- Implement, supervise the teaching tasks, and evaluate the learning results of schools under Gateway system based on schedules, students’ needs, and student learning outcome analysis data.
- Coordinate with Heads of Primary & Secondary schools, English programs leaders at schools to systematically monitor and evaluate student progress, utilize data on learning outcomes to assist students to optimize their potentials.
- Provide guidelines for assessment and reporting of student learning outcomes at schools based on specific, consistent and understandable criteria that effectively reflect the progress of students in terms of knowledge, understandings, skills and behaviours.
- Develop curricula and provide training to teachers in order to ensure that students with special needs including students with special gifts and talents will receive assistance from teachers to access English curricula; thus standing the chance to grab personal progress based on personal learning competency.
- Provide training and assistance to teachers in terms of indentifying students with special learning needs including those with gifts and talents to English subject.
- Plan and implement class observations to monitor teaching quality as well as teacher compliance with teaching regulation of English program.
- Organise and coordinate the members and the teachers in classroom observation and project implementation at different schools in the system.
- Manage English Committee
- Establish projects and the action annual plans for the Committee.
- Monitor and propose additional plans for any newly built project.
- Implement and monitor closely the implemented projects.
- Continuously evaluate the project implementation to propose relevant approach for achieving outcomes.
- Recruit and assign tasks to members of the Committee
- Build up a cooperative and efficient working environment.
- Propose the purchase and follow closely the progress and quality of the purchase of overseas learning supplies for the English programs in the Gateway system.
- Organise, implement, monitor, evaluate and inspect the professional tasks of the Sub-committee to ensure high working standards.
- Direct and lead team members to establish, implement and effectively manage KPI
4. Other Tasks if required
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Teaching/Linguistics/Education Management
- Certificates in English teaching (DELTA, CELTA, TESOL, TEFL
- Minimum 5 years' experience in teaching
- Minimum 03 years' experience in Educational Managerment (Vice Principal/ Academic Director/ English Program Manager) in international/bilingual schools
- Experience in develop and train teaching programs in English.
- Experience in teacher training
- Excellent leadership skill
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Relationship Building skills
- Salary: Attractive and negotiable
- KPI bonus as per company’s scheme
- Visa/work permit/air tickets/health insurance cover for self and family
- Paid leaves, Public Holidays leave and summer vacation
- Tuition fee discount for children
- Other benefits as per the Company's policy