|at Edufit Group - The Dewey Schools Vietnam (view profile)|
Aptitude Training In English
Program Training in English
|Are you willing to accept and support qualified teachers currently outside of Vietnam?||Yes|
|How many positions do you need to fill?||2|
|Nationality of candidate:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand|
|Experience||> 5 years|
|Candidate Requirements||Bachelor's Degree|
|Where is the employer located:||Hà Nội|
|Salary:||Up to 3,000 USD/month; Based on experience and qualifications|
The Dewey Schools Vietnam is currently looking for 02 Curriculum and Instructional Specialist - working in Hanoi, VN with an as soon as possible start date.
The Dewey Schools is a pioneering system of International bilingual schools providing a world-class education. Our purpose is to empower and enable generations with necessary knowledge and skills to master world changes and be leaders that positively impact communities wherever they are.
OUR VISION - Pioneering International Bilingual Schools, delivering world-class education, that parents look for, students love, and staff are proud of.
OUR MISSION - Our purpose is to empower and enable generations with the necessary knowledge and skills to master world changes and be leaders that positively impact communities wherever they are.
OUR CORE VALUES: Integrity, Passion, Generosity, Lifelong learning.
Details of the position can be found as below:
- Job purposes:
- Support the Head of ELA/ESL Committee to design, develop, and organize to comprehensively and consistently implement English programs in The Dewey Schools (TDS) system in order to meet the objectives, mission, and vision of TDS, meet the needs of students, and encourage their participation and advancement of all students in the entire system.
- Ensure TDS English programs are in line with high-quality international education standards, educational orientation aligned with the Council of International Schools (CIS) and meet the requirements for assessing student’s development progress in alignment with our partner school Mount Vernon (MV), TDS Curriculum, and Ministry of Education and Training's (MoET’s) standards
- Job description:
- Curriculum and Instruction Specialist, English Program:
- Support in the design and development of TDS’s English programs under the guidance of the Head of ESL/ELA Committee.
- Study, design, and develop English curriculum and instructional methods that meet the requirements and orientation of curriculum development of TDS system.
- Support the English program in the establishing of the course syllabus and units of study for English Program subjects.
- Collaborate with the Education Research and Pedagogy Council, the Head of ESL/ELA Committee, the Head of School/Program on development of English programs
- Contribute to the writing and updating of critical school program documents, texts, tools, and calendars for the English Program.
- Enrich teacher instructional practice by providing innovative and constructionist international educational practices as well as integrating knowledge of different cultures to develop global citizenship and understandings.
- Collaborate building a strong educational partnership among colleagues by maintaining a professional culture with an emphasis on continuing to improve teaching and learning
- Join the process of recruiting new English specialists
- Maintain a key role in the English Program team
- Assist the Head of ESL/ELA Committee, ERPC and leadership team with important tasks
- Support the Head of ESL/ELA Committee, ERPC with setting of goals and outcomes of English programs
- Train and orient new teachers, develop professional training for teachers based on the school’s needs and best instructional practice
- Use data results to analyze program needs and development
- Develop, assess and comment on all of the English curriculum and materials
- Provide recommendations and resource lists to Head of ESL/ELA Committee, ERPC on English curriculum units of study and student learning
- Ensure the English Program curriculum is aligned both horizontally and vertically by grade level, standards, and skill progression
- Ensure the materials related to the curriculum are carefully secured and manage the access to documents and resources
- Communicate with the Head of ESL/ELA Committee, ERPC regarding English curriculum alignment and student learning outcomes
- Regularly assess the English curriculum alignment with the TDS philosophy of education, vision, mission, and core values
- Assist in the process of recruiting new teachers and program staff
- Professional development for TDS teachers
- Ensure the learning quality of the English program curriculum.
- Organize and participate in parent seminars on English programs, approaches and methods of learning as well as how to support their children at home and at school
- Provide guidelines for English assessment and reporting of student learning outcomes at schools based on specific, consistent and understandable criteria that effectively reflect the progress of students in terms of knowledge, understanding, skills and behaviors.
- Support the development of curricula in order to ensure that students with special needs including students with special gifts and talents will receive assistance from teachers to access English program curricula; thus increasing personal progress based on personal learning competency.
- Additional responsibilities
- Participate in team or departmental decision-making by maintaining an open mind and acting in the best interests of students.
- Participate positively in the school community by building strong and productive professional relationships, engaging in a culture of inquiry focused on school or student improvement, providing service to the school, and by participating in school projects and special events.
- Any additional duties as assigned at the discretion of the supervisor.
- Comply with district, school, and campus regulations
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree from an internationally accredited college or university in the Education field of study.
- Current license or teaching certification from a governmental agency in education, English language, or curriculum
- English native speaker
- Skills, Personality:
- Be able to organize and arrange the work in a suitable manner
- Have excellent communication skills be able to work effectively ceither individually or in a team
- Have high sense of responsibility and ability to work under pressure
- Problem-solving skills, and relationship building skills
- Honest, adoring children.