[HANOI] FULL-TIME PRIMARY SCHOOL ACADEMIC COORDINATOR - ACADEMIC YEAR 2023-2024
Hanoi Academy (view profile)
Salary Range: Competitive,Work Permit & Visa support, Contract completion bonus
Available until: August 3, 2023
|at Hanoi Academy (view profile)|
Business English Teaching
|Are you willing to accept and support qualified teachers currently outside of Vietnam?||Yes|
|How many positions do you need to fill?||1|
|Nationality of candidate:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand, South African, European|
|Experience||1 - 2 years|
|Candidate Requirements||Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, PGCE|
|Where is the employer located:||Hà Nội|
|Salary:||Competitive,Work Permit & Visa support, Contract completion bonus|
We are accepting applications for the 2023 - 2024 Academic Year and currently seeking to fill the following position in Primary school (commencing Mid-July 2023):
- Academic Coordinator;
- Teaching the subject(s) as assigned by the school and according to the needs of individual students and groups of students;
- Preparing and planning the lessons/ materials/ resources needed to support effective teaching;
- Maintaining and managing the class and students order and discipline in accordance with the school regulations;
- Assessing and recording the student progress systematically; preparing, presenting and communicating the reports on the students’ progress, development, attainment and behaviors to parents and affected parties;
- Undertaking placement test and streaming of students upon the school’s request.
2. Managing and monitoring
- Assisting in recruiting, hiring, orienting and training new staff and assigned staff which includes assuring that the teaching staffs hold the appropriate teaching credentials;
- Assigning tasks to teaching staff, assistants and interns; advising and supervising other teachers in teaching practice to guarantee the content and teaching methods being in line with curriculum guidelines;
- Planning and monitoring the review and editing of subject paperwork compiled by teaching staff and assistants;
- Holding weekly meetings with subject teachers, updating on current status and proposing solutions for quality improvement;
- Involving in staff assessment, monitoring the schemes of work via lesson observation, scrutiny of students’ work, staff observation and appraisal;
- Reviewing, assessing, and maintaining a high standard of professional conduct and improving quality of the teaching and learning through various educational services and processes;
- Assisting in planning and delivery of the regular Professional Development workshops and training in program designing, material preparation, quality assurance and results evaluation;
3. Compiling and developing the curriculum
- Constantly getting update on changes and improvements in areas of knowledge and teaching methods; applying such changes to the formation of the curriculum framework, compilation of syllabus, lesson planning and other teaching documents;
- Overseeing yearly development/updates on unit lesson plans and learning materials prepared by teaching assistants and teachers;
- Providing advice on professional development program for subject faculty and the selection of teaching and learning materials as well as tools and equipment supplies.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Education;
- UK training or experience of working in a British Curriculum school;
- At least 2-years full-time professional experience;
- A genuine interest in promoting and providing quality learning and teaching;
- Strength of academic background, professional experience, interview performance, and references will be considered during the selection process.
We offer 2 year, renewable contracts with a competitive salary and benefits package:
- Work Permit & Visa support (including spouse and up to 2 dependents);
- Annual reimbursed flight ticket (if any);
- Health insurance allowance;
- Contract completion bonus;
- Professional development opportunities.
Please apply with your CV, degree and teaching qualifications or with any questions.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Thank you very much!