|at Edufit Group - The Dewey Schools Vietnam (view profile)|
Math / Science Teaching
|Are you willing to accept and support qualified teachers currently outside of Vietnam?||Yes|
|How many positions do you need to fill?||01|
|Nationality of candidate:||Filipino|
|Experience||> 5 years|
|Candidate Requirements||Bachelor's Degree|
|Where is the employer located:||Hà Nội|
|Salary:||60-70 million per month gross based on experience and qualifications; Visa/work permit sponsored, including spouse and up to 2 dependents; Reimbursed flight ticket|
|Type of institution||Public School|
POSITION TITLE: English Math Curriculum Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Dewey Education Research and Pedagogy Council (ERPC)
REPORTS TO: Director of English Integrated Program
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Maths.
- Native English speaker or fluent in English English is not the mother tongue language
- At least 5 years of Maths teaching experience at international schools.
- At least 2 years of designing and developing English Math curriculum.
- Be knowledgeable in educational psychology; Understand and be able to apply teaching psychology;
- Be able to organize and arrange the work in a suitable manner;
- Have good communication skills; Be able to work effectively either individually or in a team;
- Situation-handling and problem-solving skills
- Be able to take appropriate approaches to arising problems and be willing to learn new skills and knowledge;
- The candidate shall be student-focused, deriving a sense of profound success from the successes of students, and as such shall be willing to give full ownership of all products, performances, and outputs to the students in their charge.
- They shall embody the values and ethos of The Dewey Schools.
- Attends ongoing professional development activities, such as college coursework, professional associations, workshops, and in-service opportunities
- Exhibits a strong and positive attitude with the belief that each student can be taught and has the right and capacity to achieve personal academic excellence.
- Have a high sense of responsibility and ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to meet and maintain punctuality and attendance expectations.
WHAT WE OFFER: Benefits: 60-70 million per month gross (based on experience & qualification)
• Visa/work permit sponsored, including spouse and up to 2 dependents
• Paid personal leave days and public holidays
• Reimbursed flight ticket and a part of expenses for hotel and meals during quarantine (if any for overseas hires)
• KPI (Key Performance Index) bonuses
• Professional development opportunities
• Ongoing support for new teachers, such as airport pickup, bank assistance, phone set-up, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Purposes of the position:
- Building the English Math curriculum for Dewey campuses in accordance with ERPC’s guidelines
- Taking charge of the delivery of the English Maths curriculum at Dewey campuses, including supervision of teaching practices and teacher training.
- The specialist of the Maths Committee is supposed to select and develop the Maths curriculum according to ERPC’s guidelines, including Curriculum framework, Pacing guide, Unit plans, and other resources; Modify and update the curriculum year by year.
- Train Maths teachers to make sure they are capable of delivering the English Maths curriculum at all levels.
- Supervise the Maths teaching quality at all levels through class observation, review of detailed syllabus, and other measures.
- Teach Maths as assigned to be in alignment with the development of Maths curriculum.
- Build up a cooperative and efficient Edufit working environment.
- Do other tasks relating to the job requirements as well as regulations of the company, accrediting agencies, and Vietnamese law as assigned and instructed by the leaders.
- Report work plans and outcomes by school year, semester, and month and detailed weekly work plan.
- Report the campus-specific teaching supervision.
- Report the work plan, progress, and outcomes according to the given KPIs.
- Other ad-hoc reports as required by the Director and ERPC Executive Committee.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Taskforce on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.