|at Schools Elite (view profile)|
Teach Primary School
|Nationality of teacher:||American, Australian, British/English, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand, South African|
|Where is the school located:||Hà Nội|
The Schools Elite Senior Teacher (ST) is contracted to work a 40-hour week on-site, over a 5-day week. Presence at the school will be reduced proportionally on weeks containing Annual Leave, Sick Leave or Public Holidays. Exceptional arrangements for work at any other location, including those outside of Hanoi, will be discussed and agreed upon on a case-by-case basis.
Contact hours are usually capped at 10 hours per week, which is equivalent to five mornings or afternoons, unless exceptional. Teaching hours may be scheduled anytime between 7.30am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, and the ST will not be scheduled to work on Saturday or Sunday unless special marketing events relevant to the program are planned.
In addition to contact hours detailed above, the ST is responsible for providing assistance with non-teaching duties, of which the main areas are outlined below. Under the direction of the Schools Elite Academic Coordinator (AC), the ST is tasked with helping to facilitate the development and piloting of Schools Elite’s English for Kindergarten program. This includes, but is not limited to, assuring teacher and student resources are available during the period covered in the contract. These duties reflect a general responsibility for the development, overview and improvement of the Schools Elite Program [e.g. pacing guides, assessment tools & resources as appropriate]. Additional duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
ST Roles and Responsibilities:
- Pastoral care (face time with teachers at their local centre where they plan).
- Creation of assessment forms and tools for Kindergarten students, under the guidance and standardisation of the BOM.
- Resource creation, program revision and course development of the English for Kindergarten program.
- Help in the creation and implementation of workshops and other teacher training.
- Act as liaison between teachers and other Schools Elite management/staff.
- Help the AC to solve problems and teacher complaints. This involves school/parents complaints about teachers and teacher complaints about schools.
- Conduct observations of teachers in their local area.
- Emergency cover (they should be available in the mornings for this)
- Act as Schools Elite Academic Marketing- Liaison to attend and help organize special events at current and potential partner schools (Kindergartens) such as, assemblies, Christmas parties, and Teacher’s Day celebrations, School Opening and Closing events.
- Act as Schools Elite Academic Trainer to provide training/workshops to teachers of the partner schools or in local districts on teaching Kindergarten students.
- Involved in direct sales’ activities (creating and conducting Kindy demo lessons and activities).
- Assist the AC in inductions for new teachers and TAs.
- Help with the management of Schools Elite resources.
- You must be a native-level English speaker
- A degree (in any field)
- CELTA, TEFL or TESOL (with an observed classroom practicum)
- Experience in managing a VYL programme and teachers in the programme is preferred.
- At least 2 years teaching experience in VYL. Working experience in the local market is preferred.
- Experience in course development, project management especially in VYL projects.
- Long-term commitment to work in Vietnam.
- You must have a police check from your home country/country of most recent residence (as applicable)
Salary & Benefits
- Monday to Friday daytime working only. No weekends or evening classes.
- Competitive monthly salary
- Contract completion bonus
- Severance payment (equal to ½ month salary)
- Visa-Run flight reimbursement for Local Hires of up to 4.2 million VND and for Overseas Hires up to 10.5 million VND
- Visa Reimbursement
- Paid holiday, Sick leave and paid Vietnamese Public Holidays PLUS Christmas Day
- Private Health Care (company pays 50%)
- Vietnamese State Health Insurance (company pays 50%)
- Visa and Work Permit sponsorship fully provided and paid for by LLV(except for document authentication)
- Assistance in setting up a local bank account with an international bank (HSBC)
- Mobile phone allowance
- Taxi card
- Salary paid by bank transfer
- Welfare team support, with 24/7 emergency assistance
- Professional development and career progression opportunities