|at SENTIA BILINGUAL SCHOOL (view profile)|
Science, Math and English Teachers
|Are you willing to accept and support teachers outside for their application? (Due to COVID-19 pandemic)||Yes|
|Teaching Experience||> 2 years|
|Candidate Requirements||Bachelor's Degree|
|Where is the school located:||Hà Nội|
SenTia School is a bilingual school, located near To Huu Street in Nam Tu Liem district, Hanoi. We are part of the Koala House Education group, an early childhood educational system who have been providing high quality education to children in Hanoi for over 16 years. SenTia School aims to provide a child-centered educational philosophy where modern teaching values and methods are combined effectively with traditional principles and cultural standards. SenTia’s teachers and managers are dedicated, passionate and supportive, where we aim to provide a learning environment which allows our students to develop their own character, to be creative, to be challenged, and be caring young individuals.
SenTia is now looking for qualified and passionate teachers of following positions:
- Math Teacher or Science Teacher for young students in Grades 3-9 (aged 9 to 14). The position will be fulltime, starting from July 2021.
Qualifications and Experience: You will…
- Be a native English speaker or non-native English speaker who can demonstrate a native level
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree of revelant background. A Degree in the field of Education is a plus
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience teaching young students. Teaching experience in Vietnam is a plus.
- Be able to demonstrate a long-term commitment to SenTia.
- Be able to demonstrate effective communication, professional standards and ethical behavior.
- Be prepared to enthusiastically take part in all aspects of school life, including becoming involved in school events and participating in extracurricular activities.
2. Job descriptions
As a member of the International Department, you are expected to and required to uphold the values and philosophy of SenTia School, to promote our child-centered approach to teaching and learning, and to support the objectives of the school at all times. You are expected to set an example of a professional, conscientious and dedicated teacher, providing a role model for our students to follow. You will be responsible for the following:
- Teaching subjects in the international program as directed to do so by the Head of the International Programs, and as outlined on the teaching schedule.
- Planning lessons, including preparing supplementary materials, adapting them to best meet the needs of your students.
- Differentiating learning to meet the needs of individual students in your class.
- Motivating students in your class to produce their best possible work.
- Setting and checking homework in conjunction with your teaching assistant.
- Providing timely feedback to students on all submitted pieces of work.
- Maintaining up to date records such as gradebooks and records of achievement as directed to do so by the departmental leadership.
- Maintaining records on the departmental shared drives so other teachers might also benefit from the resources you create.
- Helping to write assessment resources as directed to do so by the departmental leadership.
- Grading exam papers as directed to do so by the departmental leadership.
- Writing comments and fully completing mid-term and end of term reports for all students in your classes, and meeting the deadlines set by the department for doing so.
- Attending weekly teacher’s meetings and feeding back weekly at these meetings on the progress of your classes, raising concerns you may have about the progress of individual students.
- Working with the Director of Operations, the Head of International Programs, home room teachers and teaching assistants to identify students who require additional support for any reason (for example, academically, behaviorally or emotionally), and developing systems and plans to support those students as required.
- Meeting with parents at parent conferences once every semester.
- Meeting with parents on an ad-hoc basis to discuss specific student needs.
- Taking a full and enthusiastic part in all school events, and playing a full part in school life.
- Helping to maintain a clean and tidy work environment, both in the teacher’s room and in classrooms.
Salary and benefits: We can offer…
- A competitive salary depending on qualifications and experience
- Support towards obtaining a full Visa and Work Permit
- Medical Insurance and paid annual leave holidays
- Other benefits and salary will be discussed during the interview
How to apply
If this opportunity interests you, and you meet all of the above requirements, please submit your resume with scan file of degrees and qualifications, photo and a cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.