|at Language Link Vietnam (view profile)|
Administrative & Academic Management
|Are you willing to accept and support qualified teachers currently outside of Vietnam?||Yes|
|Nationality of candidate:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand|
|Candidate Requirements||Bachelor's Degree, CELTA, Classroom Classes: 120 hours certificate or more, Master Degree in TESOL (or equivalent)|
|Where is the employer located:||Hà Nội|
|Job City||Hà Nội|
|Salary:||Up to 60,000,000VND/ month|
Language Link is currently seeking an Academic Coordinator (AC) to join our public schools program, Schools Link
Schools Link is Language Link’s highly successful English language education program in Vietnamese schools. We have more than 175 foreign English teachers teaching over 32,000 students in Hanoi’s urban districts. Our programs consistently receive high ratings from students and parents. Our Schools Link program caters to Primary, Secondary and High School students in Hanoi.
We are currently recruiting one Secondary School Academic Coordinator.
Start date: Immediately
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive monthly salary negotiable based on experience
- Local National Holidays & Christmas Day Provided
- Annual Leave: 15.5 Days
- Sick Leave 03 Days
- Full In-Patient, Partial Out-Patient, Evacuation and Repatriation Medical Insurance
- Visa and Work Permit sponsorship fully provided and paid for by LLV (except for document authentication).
- Monthly telephone and taxi allowance
- Direct deposit for payroll on the same day each month.
The AC is contracted to work a 44-hour week on-site, normally over a 5-day week. Monday – Friday.
- A bachelor’s degree
- At least 1 years’ experience in academic management
- At least 3 years’ Secondary teaching experience (preferably in public schools)
- A CELTA (or equivalent) teaching certificate with teaching practicum
The Academic Coordinator is expected to achieve the following outcomes:
- Provide the Schools Link teaching team with academic management and support in collaboration with the Academic Manager and fellow Academic Coordinators.
- Manage the creation and quality of unit/semester/placement tests, development work for Regional Head Teachers and teachers, pacing guides, project curricula and other projects as necessary for the program.
- Assist the Academic Manager and the Teacher Recruitment Welfare Officers with recruiting new teachers and disciplining existing teachers as necessary.
- Assist the Academic Manager and Schools Link Director to expand and improve the quality of the program (e.g. by exploring new course books or other materials).
- Manage daily issues and support Regional Head Teachers to handle issues affecting teachers and schools within a designated region of the programme.
- Carry out observations as required during the academic year and during each of the observation cycles with written and verbal feedback, including follow-up observations within Teaching Development Plans.
- Manage underperforming teachers within a designated region of the programme and support the Regional Head Teachers to accurately identify and coach these teachers through a Teaching Development Plan in preparation for successful observation by an Academic Coordinator or Academic Manager.
- Plan and deliver sharing sessions and workshops that help teachers develop specific competencies to improve their teaching.
- Liaise with members of the Operations Team on a daily basis to communicate issues and solve problems.
- Assist the Social Events Team to design and implement teacher recognition programs and coordinate social events.
- Participate in school events and meetings (e.g. opening/closing/award ceremonies/weekly meetings) and school outreach events (e.g. school assemblies, competitions, parent workshops).
- Provide emergency cover as necessary (be on 2nd round call one half day a week).
- Teach own classes (max. 3h per week).
- Perform other tasks at the Academic Manager or Schools Link Director’s discretion