|Where is the school located:||Hà Nội|
Corporate Senior Teacher- Apollo Education and Training- International House, Hanoi
Experience working in a fascinating country with a unique cultural combination of old and new, traditional and modern.
Apollo English is currently looking for a Corporate Senior Teacher to join our dynamic team in our Hanoi centre in Vietnam. January start available.
Established in 1994, Apollo English currently operates 12 centres in 4 cities across Vietnam. We offer a wide range of classes teaching general, business and exam preparation English to Young Learners, Adults and Corporate clients. We also run CELTA programs and public teacher-training courses for Vietnamese teachers.
At Apollo you can expect:
• A commitment to ongoing professional development and high-quality teaching standards
• A wide range of resources and modern facilities
• A variety of courses and learners
• Academic and personal support from a dedicated team
• Opportunities for career development
Planning, implementing and continuously improving the delivery of a high quality and efficient EFL teaching programme for corporate clients in line with the strategic goals of the organisation.
• Work with CM & AM to plan the Corporate’s annual EFL activities thoroughly, in line with the goals and objectives of the Organisation
• Be responsible for all aspects of EFL delivery according to their delivery plan and the strategic goals of the department, including but not limited to, corporate classes, recruitment teachers, coaching, feedback/observations and in-house teacher training for Corporate/Public areas if needed.
• Work with the AMs and teaching team to ensure good student experience
• Be able to report on all EFL aspects of the corporate side of the department.
• Manage the communication within intra-department, inter-department and inter-organization to ensure planning, implementation and continuous improvement of the organization’s operations.
• Identify opportunities to develop, improve and add value to Apollo's existing EFL and Centre operations in line with the strategic goals of the Centre & Organization
• Make sure that the Corporate department’s image and operations reflect the Apollo brand image and behaviours.
Average teaching hours: 16 hours per week. Classes run from 7:30am to 9:45pm Monday through Friday; 7:45 am to 8:15pm on Saturday and Sunday. Split shifts are sometimes inevitable, though they are avoided where possible. Teachers are given two consecutive days off.
Essential skills & Experience :
• Experience in online/phone teaching, blended learning / teaching, new technologies in teaching is an advantage
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills
• Flexibility and cultural awareness
• Training and mentoring experience
• Experience working in Asia and/or a developing country.
• 6 months’ validity on passport
Benefits of teaching:
• Competitive salary with performance based contract completion bonus (up to $1,200 bonus)
• Overtime payment
• Work permit costs covered by Apollo
• Fully paid leave : up to 15 days of annual leave and up to 10 days of public holidays – (applying to one year contracts)
Salary and benefits paid in Vietnamese Dong. Tax is payable on a progressive scale and averages around 11-12% for a typical full-time teacher
• Interested candidates are invited to apply via email to Recruitment.
• Your application should include a cover letter stating your desired working location, your updated CV in English and scanned copies of your degree(s) and Teaching Certificates. Candidates who have already obtained a current valid Police Check preferred. Submission of original documents will be required later for Work Permit application, photocopies will not be accepted.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
• A relevant first degree
• Cambridge CELTA/Trinity Certificate
• DELTA or MA TESOL (preferred)