Waldo du Toit
- High School
- Bachelors Degree in Sport Science with Major in Psychology and Fitness from Stellenbosch University in South Africa.
- CELTA certified
5 Years teaching experience in total.
2 Years teaching in South Korea and 3 years in Vietnam.
Employer EMG Education
41 Nguyen Thi Khai, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
(August 2016 to May 2019)
Foreign English Teacher, Maths and Science(International Curriculum)
* Teaching English, Science and Maths to Grade 1 pupils in public schools.
* Classroom management, planning sessions, preparing and delivering lessons, preparing and setting tests and examination papers.
* Marking and providing appropriate feedback on oral and written work and issuing detailed monthly and quarterly reports.
Employer Worwick Franklin School
Cheongju, South Korea
(March 2015 to February 2016)
Foreign English Teacher, Maths, Art and Physical Education
* Taught English, Maths, Art and Physical Education to children aged 5 – 7 years.
* Taught English to elementary students in the afternoons.
* Was in charge of the whole schools’ Physical Education program.
* Helped to plan special events during the year (e.g. Christmas productions, Easter and special Korean holidays).
* Was in charge of compiling and marking of examination papers to test students’ progress and provide feedback on the results.
Employer Avalon English Educational Institute
(June 2014 to February 2015)
Foreign English Instructor / Teacher
* Taught children whose first or main language was not English.
* The aim was to encourage the students to communicate with each other, using the structures and vocabulary they had learnt and to improve the four basic language skills (i.e. listening, speaking, reading and writing).
* Classroom management, planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes and age groups, including, but not limited to, preparing and setting of sets, examination papers and exercises.
* Responsible for marking of test and examination papers and providing appropriate feedback on oral and written work.