Saskia van Walsum
University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
TEFL certificate, Fall 2018
- 120-hour program
- Emphasis on teaching young learners and teaching for English tests
Mount Allison University, New Brunswick, Canada
BA Anthropology, May 2018
- 4.2 cumulative GPA
- Best in Program for Anthropology
- Recipient of the Marjorie Young Bell Scholarship
- Semester abroad at Phillipps Universität Marburg, Winter 2017
Kawartha Education Centre, Ontario, Canada
Project WILD Educator Certificate and Wilderness Leader Training, July 2013
- Four-week residential program in outdoor education for children ages 4-18
- 1 week of facilitation and teaching with children ages 4-10
Student Tutor, Mount Allison University, September - December 2017
- Assist University students in developing strong academic writing skills.
- Design and provide lessons for students with learning disabilities.
English Tutor, Phillipps Universität Marburg, January - April 2017
- Conduct 1-hour conversation sessions to improve student speaking and listening skills.
- Support students in preparation for academic English tests.
Curriculum Design Intern, Smithsonian Arctic Studies Center, December - February 2016
- Develop lesson plans for students between ages 10 and 14
- Design lessons making use of diverse activities and materials
Teaching Assistant, Mount Allison University, September - December 2016
- Prepare weekly classes using provided materials for groups of 15-20 university students
Education Intern, Penobscot Marine Museum, May - July 2015
- Research, plan, and lead educational tours for a variety of ages
- Plan and facilitate educational workshops to be used by other museum facilitators