- Certificate: English Teachers Workshop
- Maximize English speaking in classrooms
- Certificate: British Council Thailand RETC Project (Regional English Teacher Training Program)
- 90 hrs course work + microteaching
- Certificate: TEFL Plus!
- 120 hours of course work
- 10 hours of student teaching
B.A. Ecosystems and Human Impact
- State University of New York Stony Brook
As a 2012 graduate of State University of New York, I have over 4 years teaching experience in 2 different cultural settings.
In my classroom, I promote student-centered learning, which I believe maximizes learner's intake. Classes are dynamic and interactive, mindful of all learning styles. Students are encourage and challenged daily to be self-sufficient, independent, as well as embrace each other.
Chalermprakiatsomdetprasrinakarin Phuket School
Postion: ESL Teacher
I designed and planned courses aligned with students' interests to develop English fluency and accuracy. Courses include Marvel Comics and Modern-Day Inventors, which covered English grammar and mechanics as well as content students are presently interested in. Regular activities included debates, group work, presentations, and PBL. Outside of the classroom, I was actively involve in:
- Training students for competitions: Drama, Spelling, Speech
- Developing themed ESL camps for guest schools
Bravo! Dječji Kulturni Centar za Engleski I Francuski jezik
Position: Kindergarten Homeroom Teacher
Applied monthly/weekly themes to multi-sensory lessons for all subjects. Each theme was explored through all the core subjects so students could have a complete understanding. I established close relationships with parents and guardians to ensure full involvement in their child's education and progress. I later developed an evening program, per request of parents, to continue ESL learning for former students. Class activities included:
- Journal entries, public speaking, games, group projects
- Field trips for 'real life' application of learned content
- Regular informal assessment to adjust lessons