- Cambridge English Level 5 Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA)
Cambridge Assessment English British Council, Mumbai
2 May to 1 June 2018.
- Certificate Course in Phonetics and Communication
St Aloysius College Autonomous, Mangalore
June 2015 to Feb 2015
Teacher of English
Timeline: May 2017 to present
Employer: St Aloysius College Autonomous, Mangalore, Karnataka
- Classroom teaching of 16 hours per week (40 hours work load per week)
- 4 hours of Communicative English and 12 hours of General English for Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Business Administration per week.
- Remedial classes of 4 hours per week for the students with special needs.
- Preparation for classes of 10 hours per week.
- Extracurricular activities – In charge of Speakers Forum – conducting various activities in the college like debate, panel discussions and MC hunt. Preparing students to compete on national and state level competitions.
- Administrative assistance for Exam Invigilation, correction of papers, Sports day, College day, Musical Evening, Elections, meetings and seminars.
- Board of Studies member of the Undergraduate Department of English.
- 2 hours per week of classes for the certificate course in Communicative English and Phonetics apart from the regular classes (specialist course).
- Setting up of Question papers and Question Banks.
- Preparing teaching material and working on syllabus.
- Coordination of National and International Seminars and Board of Studies/Examination meetings.
- Part of the College Cultural Committee – Dramatics wing, coordinating and directing plays which perform for the general public thereby raising funds for charity.
- Student Teacher for classes VIII and IX
Timeline: May 2016 to January 2017
Employer: St Aloysius High School, Mangalore
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons for class VIII and IX
- Preparing teaching material
- Helping students improve their listening, speaking, reading and writing skills via individual and group activities.
- Checking and assessing students’ work
- Board of Studies Student’s representative for the Post Graduate Department of English