Bachelor of Science | Biology | Saint Mary’s University – Halifax, NS 2016
Bachelor of Science | Psychology | Saint Mary’s University – Halifax, NS 2011
- Designed full-life cycle behavioural ecology research project from conception
through to presenting results in engaging terms, following approval of Ethics Board.
Gained intuitive understanding of error and variability in data through statistical
data analysis using SPSS, and Excel
- Enhanced knowledge in Atlantic Biotechnology field, and real-world application
of medical science and pharmacological knowledge to marketing, building valuable connections
in the local Bioscience community
- Provided scientific copyediting in accordance with APA style and journal-specific
TEFL Expected: February 2019
Smart Serve 2016
- Accountable for adhering to firm regulatory policies, procedures, and legal guidelines
Exercise Leadership Theory | Nova Scotia Fitness Association (NFSA) – Dartmouth, NS 2014
Group Fitness Leadership | Nova Scotia Fitness Association (NFSA) – Dartmouth, NS 2014
- Learned to customize programs tailored to target audiences across different demographics while ensuring safety for optimal health and wellness
Editor | CACTUS – Remote December 2018 – Present
Specialist editor in the fields of: Biochemistry, Genetics, and Molecular Biology providing copyediting and substantive editing for a diverse global clientele. The primary focus is achieving publication in major scientific journals for individuals with English as a Second Language (ESL). Services range from basic edits involving grammar and logical flow to analyzing statistics and results for correctness. Tight deadlines must be met while maintaining the highest quality. The author’s voice is maintained regardless of the extent of revisions required.
- Using a proprietary CRM interface to maintain constant availability for clients requiring edits aimed at submission to multiple journals
- Reducing word count by 20%, as required by journal submission guidelines, without altering the authors intended meaning or purpose
Client Engagement | Kraken Digital Asset Exchange – Halifax, NS April 2018 – September 2018
Developed a future-oriented view of financial markets through understanding the technical and conceptual aspects of: cryptocurrency, blockchain analytics, and digital-asset management and storage. Collaborated as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on multi-dimensional challenges, and worked autonomously achieving speedy results. In addition to regular job functions continually took on special projects that increased efficiency, including creating a tutorial on cryptographic privacy and authentication for data communication.
- Gained 10% improvement in customer satisfaction ratings, and gained an understanding of back-end development
- Created and edited content distributed globally developing a conscious, compelling, and professional message, while maintaining a start-up vibe – the company’s voice.
- Investigated existing and potential clients, made risk-management decisions based on compliance with AML/KYC/CFT policies
- Remained up-to-date on constantly evolving procedures and security protocols using Slack, Signal, and Google drive; while simultaneously providing excellent client support through Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, Zendesk
Server/Bartender | Stout Irish Pub – Toronto, ON June 2016 – June 2017
Gained strong product knowledge and provided tailored recommendations by identifying client preferences, ensuring beers brewed in-house became top sellers. In addition to marketing, sales, and adherence to procedure, high standards of service were maintained at all times enhancing customer experience, including presenting all beverages, in their respectively branded glasses, with branded coasters.
- Upsold products, driving revenue and achieving highest average bill, food add-on, and double/premium drink percentage (90%) for nine consecutive months. Frequently worked 10+ hour days, maintaining accuracy, efficiency and an up-beat attitude
- Contributed to building and maintaining a solid client base, through personalized beer recommendations, accomplished by remembering customer preferences and staying up to date on new, seasonal, and limited release product
Server/Bartender | Beer Bros. Gastropub – Regina, SK May 2015 – March 2016
Front Desk Manager | Dartmouth Sportsplex – Dartmouth, NS October 2011 – March 2015
VOLUNTEER & COMMUNITY
Health Law Advisory Board | Nova Scotia 2018 – Present
- Grassroots effort to remove barriers to mental health care for at risk populations. Ensure public bodies do not act ultra vires, misusing discretionary powers afforded by Parliament. Natural justice, operationalized as a duty of fairness and procedural rights, is the current focus. Key areas include: interpretation of legislation, policy enforcement, involvement of stakeholders, and an evidence-based approach to care
PrEP Working Group | Nova Scotia 2017 – Present
- Substantive editing of primary literature on preventative healthcare for at risk populations and accessibility of resources for Canadians combating HIV/AIDS. Collaboration between the AIDS Coalition of Nova Scotia (ACNS), San Patten & Associates (recognized experts in HIV/AIDS), The Nova Scotia Advisory Commission on AIDS, the Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA), representatives from Dalhousie’s faculty of Health Promotion, and Doctor’s Nova Scotia (DNS). To date the committee has contributed to Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis being added to the Nova Scotia Pharmacare formulary for low-income, at risk individuals.
Cultural/Language Exchange Partner | Nova Scotia 1998 – 2011
- Built strong intercultural communication skills by providing culture, writing, and language exchange sessions for ESL students. Facilitated trips to local attractions and points of interest for international exchange participants from South Korea, France, Belgium, and Mexico