Education and Qualifications
Manchester Metropolitan University
Undergraduate degree: BA History and Social History 1st Class
King Edwards VII School, Sheffield
A Levels: History (B), English Language (B) and Applied Business (C).
GCSEs: 9 GCSE’s at grade C and above, including English, Maths and Science.
TEFLEN 150 Master Course Qualification
Full UK Driving License
Personal Alcohol License (UK)
J4k English, C9 Lô 15, Khu Đô Thị Mới, Hoàng Mai, Hà Nội
August 2018 – Present
Currently working as an English teacher at J4k in Dinh Cong, Hanoi. Teaching a range of classes from ages 4 to 11. General duties include:
- Teaching classes based around a predetermined curriculum and managing those classes without the aid of a TA.
- Creating lesson plans for all classes.
- Creating own lesson materials and activities including games, worksheets, test and flashcards
- Managing student reviews, reporting progress to the parents and working with other teachers in the center to manage student placement with regards to ability.
- Developing extra curricular performances with the students e.g. Halloween party songs/dances
Carfield Primary School, Argyle Close, Sheffield
September 2014 – April 1015
Child Care Provider
Worked part time as a child care provider at the local school’s afterschool club whilst in-between bar management jobs. The age range of the students was 6 to 10 years old. General duties included:
- Collecting the students from the school and escorting them to the venue for the afterschool club (Meersbrook Cricket Pavilion)
- Providing activities and food for the students and keeping them entertained until they were collected by their parents.
- Responsibility for the safety and well being of the children in my care, following the safeguarding procedures to ensure they were protected from accidents, other students and other employees of the school.
- Ensuring that all students were safe in all the activities undertaken including from accidents, from other students and from other employees of the school.