I have had a brief stint, as a kindergarten teacher in Shijiazhuang. Unfortunately, unbeknownat to myself, the school was operating illegally and sending us to different schools. As a result, after 5 months, I lost my working visa. But this gave me great insight into the education system in China, as well as allowed myself to acclimatise fully into the Chinese lifestyle. I am now back in South Africa and have no visa restrictions from that country.
Due to this brief stint overseas, I have found out that I would love to continue teaching, especially whilst discovering new countries and cultures.
I have had experience in the areas of education curriculum development and teaching young adults at the ABSA Advisor Academy and extensive experience in, training adults in Business and Corporate Subjects. Despite having had exposure to various areas of the education and training industries, I am a fast learner and professional communicator and feel I would be able to effectively transition to this teaching position.
Dadi company – English Foreign teacher
April 2018 – July 2018
- Teaching English to Children ages 3 - 8 years
embracive minds – self employed
Sept 2016 – March 2018
- Business Coaching and Training
- Workshop Facilitation
- Soft skills Training
- Freelance Facilitator and Assessor
rma – branch manager
Nov 2013 – Aug 2016
- FAIS Key Individual for the company
- Administration of Compensation and Occupational injuries act
- line manager of branch staff
- Stakeholder and Client Liaison – educational workshops and onsite training
- oversee claims management process
- Customer Service
- Handling and authorizations of IOD claims including disability and fatal claims
- managing finance and resources of branch
- budgeting and cost analysis
- leading, developing and managing my team,
- performance management of branch to achieve company objectives
- Branch Operations
absa – Development manager at advisor academy
Feb 2012 - Sep 2013
- Teaching and supervising trainee financial advisers
- Vesting of Financial Advisers with regards to the end to end sales process
- Activity, productivity and sales performance management of trainee Financial Advisers.
- General line management of trainee financial advisers.
- Assist Financial Advisers with on-the job and formal training.
- Ensure compliance - Monthly Compliance audits on my team of advisers, and submitting compliance audits to our head office
- Also worked on ad hoc projects with regards to the AIFA academy such as setting up new curriculums
Success Solutions – self employed
Jul 2010 – Jan 2012
- Business consulting and support services – practice management for financial advisors, process improvement and standard operating manuals, soft skills training, project management
Pegasus Wealth Management-
Sep 2006 – June 2010
- Cash flow and budgets, accounts,
- Staff management of admin and sales personnel
- Setting sales targets and performance management thereof
- Onboard and Product training to advisors
- Product due diligence and development
- Client liaison, client acquisition and marketing strategies,
- Human resources management and running team meetings.
- Assist directors with strategic and business planning, and achieving business objectives.
Masthead Distribution Services
- Practice Consultant
Nov 2002 - Sep 2006
- Started out in the IT department training and supporting Financial Analysis Software.
- Then promoted to Practice Consultant which entailed the implementation of practice management to brokers, to help streamline and grow their business, using best practice management principles. This was achieved via one on one meeting, coaching, training workshops, onsite training and customizing tools & templates to suit the practice’s business requirements.
Digital Health Care Solutions
User: Support Analyst
Nov 1999 - Sep 2002
(Studied full time for five months before accepting this position)
- Duties included support and training on various software practice management packages (Used by various medical professionals mostly for accounting and invoicing purposes).
absa insurance Brokers: Life
July 1993 – May 1999
- Did Various Secretarial Duties for the Regional Manager, as well as Admin Support for about 25 Financial Advisers