University of Maine
M.A. in Linguistics/TESOL
Expected graduate date - December 2020
Green Mountain College
B.A. in Anthropology/Asian Studies
May 2018 - August 2018
Global Link Up for Education - Kaohsiung, Taiwan
TESOL Instructor/Student Outreach
- Work alongside with GLUE to recruit students interested in pursuing education related to English as a Second Language.
- Design and build digital, verbal and written curriculum to implement for student’s individual education plan.
- Guide students towards fluency and in depth grasp of the English language, expanding lexicon, comprehending tone and grammar. Students were expected to be able to read, write and converse effortlessly by the end of the semester.
September 2017 - May 2018
Private Tutor - Cumberland and York County, Maine
- Provide one-on-one assistance to students K-12, developing study methods and explaining content that reflected specific needs, aims and interests of individual.
- Customize instructional approaches in most academic subjects and areas, test-taking strategies, note-taking to increase student’s performance and grades.
September 2016 - September 2017
Saco School Department - 135 Middlestreet, Saco, ME 04072
Educational Technician III
- Collaborate with a team of individuals, including team lead and outside agency, to develop and implement Individual Educational Plan. Implement IEP to build rapport with students, providing guidance and assistance for special needs students, grades 3 - 8.
- Administer and review complete evaluation of IEP goals set, inputting results and conclusions to track and analyze students' academic and social progress. Keep and organize material to provide daily report to lead teacher and supportive staff, acting as primary contact and liaison to student’s support and educational team.
October 2013 - May 2015
Anukoolnaree School- 2 Chai Suntho, Amphoe Mueang Kalasin, Chang Wat Kalason, Thailand, 46000
English Teacher/Academic Advisor/Foreign Language Coordinator
- Create and facilitate lesson plans for grades 6-12 with specific focus on learning through practical application and dialogue.
- Outreach to student proactively to provide guidance semester by semester in completion of academic goals. Ensure all students have reviewed and understand coursework and have met curriculum needs. Provide resources to universities to continue furthering student’s education.
- Led school wide initiatives for curriculum improvement and developed social events to foster and improve foreign language community. Worked with Director and department for periodic review of coursework, lessons and school progress.