|Last Resume Update
Littleton, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
|Where are you living?
Outside Viet Nam
> 2 years
Hồ Chí Minh, Hà Nội
|What’s your highest level of education completed?
|ESL Certification (TEFL, TESOL)
Classroom Classes: I have a 100 hours certificate
- Bachelor of Science, August 1988, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb IL, USA
- TESOL Certified, July 2003, ECC Thailand, Bangkok
- Academic English Instructor, October 2018 – June 2019, Starfish School, Yangon, Myanmar
- Taught a mix of test preparation (IELTS, TOEFL iBT) and Academic English classes.
- Responsible for lesson preparation and delivery.
- Designed and planned an Academic Writing course.
- Part Time Teacher, August 2018 – October 2018, Bangkok, Thailand
- I taught a few part time classes while looking for more permanent work.
- Academic English Instructor, April 2018 – August 2018
- The British College, Kathmandu, Nepal
- I taught an Academic English course for Pre-Masters students. There were 26 students in the class. The course was focused on preparing students for Masters degree study in English, in particular on presentations and academic essays.
- I taught courses to prepare students for the IELTS and PTE Academic exams. For each course, I had to create a syllabus which was used by myself and other teachers.
- I gave presentations out at local companies to inform them about the Masters IT program at British College. I prepared the PowerPoint presentation with the help of colleagues, and I delivered it myself to groups of employees interested in furthering their education.
- English Teacher, January 2016 – April 2018
- Wall Street English, Bangkok, Thailand
- I taught two IELTS Foundation classes on weekends. Class sizes varied between 5 and 10 students. Lessons were focused on developing the skills students needed to achieve at least a 7.0 the IELTS exam, as well as giving them an opportunity to check their progress in mock exams.
- I taught private IELTS courses one-on-one with students who needed individual attention to prepare for the exam.
- I taught Business English courses (elementary and pre-intermediate) at various companies in Bangkok on weekday mornings and evenings.
- English Teacher, August 2013 – February 2015
- New Education World, Bangkok, Thailand
- I attended a series of IELTS Exam Preparation training courses in August/September 2013.
- I planned and taught a mix of IELTS and TEOFL(paper and iBT) preparation courses as well as several General and Business English classes.
- Prepared students for University Admission Interviews, and assisted students with their pre-college coursework.
- Students’ ages mostly ranged between high school and university, but I also completed several courses of General and Business English with adults.
- English Teacher, July 2003 – July 2004
- ECC, Bangkok, Thailand, July 2003 – July 2004
- I planned and taught several General and Business English courses.
- Students’ ages ranged between teens and adults.
- I planned and taught weeklong Business English courses for corporate clients.
- I planned and taught computer programming related courses.
Login or purchase this resume contact details.