EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
International TEFL Academy (TQUK Level 5) Chicago, Illinois
TEFL/TESOL Certificate (CELTA Equivalent) July, 2018
- 150 hours of coursework
- 30 hours of Teaching English to Young Learners and Business Professional
- 20 hours of practicum
Loyola University Baltimore, Maryland
Master of Science in Business Administration (M.B.A) July, 2005
University of Delaware Newark, Delaware Newark, Delaware
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (B.S) May, 1995
ESL Teacher Beijing, China
2/2018 – Current
- Teach English to students, ages 3 to 16, living in China. (Taught over 400 students).
- Prepare lesson plans using provided materials and personal teaching materials.
- Focus on improving grammar, listening, speaking and writing skills using visual aids, reading and writing activities, combined with multi-kinesthetic activities and positive reinforcement.
- Provide adequate supervision for the students during class time.
- Evaluate student progress and provide ongoing guidance and support.
- Supply feedback on the student’s progress to parents.
ESL Teacher Shanghai, China
2/2018 – 10/2018
- Worked as an ESL teacher teaching English to students living in China from ages 4 to 16.
- Used an interactive online platform to teach lessons that lasts approximately 30 minutes.
- Provided assessments and feedback to parents and other educators at the end of each lesson to enhance the student’s outcomes.
- Provided adequate supervision for the students during class time.
- Evaluated student progress and provide ongoing guidance and support.
- Supplied feedback on the student’s progress to parents.
Tutor/Teacher Tampa, FL
- Worked with young students from primary to high school in Math, English and Science.
- Provided assessments of the student’s progress to the parents of the students.
Accounting Manager Tampa, FL
9/2015 - 1/2018
- Taught business seminars and training classes, up to 8 weeks long, for professionals (ages 21 to 60) to learn new skills for various topics in business to help them perform better in their job.
Accounting Supervisor Tampa, FL
4/2012 - 9/2015
- Taught business seminars and training classes, up to 5 weeks long, for professionals (ages 21 to 60) to acquire new expertise to assist them with their current job.