Wilfrid Laurier University, Brantford, ON - Criminology
September 2011 - April 2015
Bachelor of Criminology with a minor in Psychology and Contemporary Studies.
Gyu-Kaku, Toronto, ON — Kitchen Staff, Line Cook
April 2018 - August 2018
Working in the salad and deep fry station, preparing and prepping meats and vegetables with accuracy and efficiency. Closing the kitchen each night, ensuring everything is in perfect working order, clean and prepped for the morning staff.
- Working in a kitchen has provided me with a greater awareness of my surroundings. Able to perform my duties quickly and effective in a small, close-knit environment.
- My team-building skills and communication has become more efficient.
- Most importantly it has reinforced the act of selflessness within myself, listening and respecting any request of the head chef
Nova, Shizuoka, Japan — English Instructor
April 2017 - April 2018
Teaching English conversation to Japanese students of all ages. Providing a high level of confidentiality, attentiveness and respect towards each student. Each lesson is forty minutes long, teaching up to a maximum of 4 adult students or 8 Nova junior students.
- Teaching provided me with more emotional awareness towards others. It allowed me to become more patient, a better communicator in both English and Japanese as well learning how to interact properly with Adults, teenagers and especially children.
- This position highly reinforced my time management skills, precision in my speech and controlling a group of people in a timed classroom environment.
Royal and SunAlliance, Mississauga, ON — Auto Physical Damage Claims Adjuster
September 2015 - July 2016
Responsible for handling claims from start to finish while working with a high degree of autonomy. Providing flexible and principled claims adjusting of personal lines of automobile claims. First contact for claims reporting centre.
- Managed assigned claims while meeting company standards of quality, including conducting thorough investigations; determining coverage and validity of claims, interviewing and corresponding with claimants and witnesses; preparing reports and negotiating settlements.
- Maintained accurate records based on company standards and procedures.
- Held an excellent working relationship with existing clients and co-workers to further develop business.
Canadian Tire, Oakville, ON — Retail Sales Associate
June 2008 - August 2015
Responsible for providing sales service through various departments, inventory assistance, and merchandising. First point of contact for customers.
- Recognized for experience in all store departments by maximizing customer experience and service.
- Awarded for exceptional customer service, organizational skills, and being detail oriented with all tasks at hand.
- Demonstrated a high level of analytical thinking by being able to identify and improve certain processes through merchandising.
- Training new associates on store policies and regulations which resulted in new associates being ready and confident on the sales floor.